Dems to introduce High cap mag ban on 1st day of the new congress.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    "I'm not so naïve as to think that we can pass some law that will stop a deranged person from taking a gun and shooting people," DeGette told The Huffington Post two weeks ago. "What I am interested in is making it as difficult as possible for that deranged person to shoot as many people as possible."

Well Ms. DeGette, let's make it easier for as many people as possible to be able to protect themselves from those deranged persons.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Did anyone really expect something different. The darkside wants our firearms and by hook or by crook they will continue to try.

The government guy makes a phone call early one morning. A young man answers the call. Only one word is spoken and the young man drops the phone, turns and walks out to the garage. His eyes develop a tunnel vision stare. He knows it's time to go to work........ the latest Manchurain Candidate American Style.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Interesting that because of my 12 round magazines for my PPQ, it'd be considered an assault weapon and needs NFA registration...

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    "It would allow people to hold on to the "large capacity ammunition feeding device" that they currently own, but prohibit them from buying others or transferring the ones they have." from the article.

So if they are going to let me keep what I have but can't transfer them how are they going to control this? Mag registration? Do your mags have serial numbers?

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    So if they are going to let me keep what I have but can't transfer them how are they going to control this? Mag registration? Do your mags have serial numbers?

In the '94 ban, any magazines made after the bill passed had to have serial numbers or identifying marks such as date stamps and LEO or Gov't Use Only. According to the wording of the law, any magazine without a serial number was presumed to be manufactured before the ban and not subject to the ban law. Additionally, all "hi-cap" magazines were considered lawful until the government could trace the serial number to a manufacture date after the ban. If they couldn't, they could not prosecute...regardless of how many rounds it could hold. Also, you would be able to transfer "pre-ban" magazines and rifles. They'd probably try the same language with another law.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    "Even more critical to the bill's political prospects, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) has not indicated whether he will allow it to come to the floor for a vote."

I would guess this is one of the many bills introduced simply for the posturing and pandering to the base, not because they actually think it will pass.

How would a ban on transferring even work? What happens if the owner dies? Simply stupid to try and legislate something so unenforceable.

reedo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Will be really surprised if this is even introduced in the House. The House and Senate cannot even come together on financial issues-really doubt they will come together on this one.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    "Even more critical to the bill's political prospects, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) has not indicated whether he will allow it to come to the floor for a vote."

I would guess this is one of the many bills introduced simply for the posturing and pandering to the base, not because they actually think it will pass.

How would a ban on transferring even work? What happens if the owner dies? Simply stupid to try and legislate something so unenforceable.

While I agree, it has never stopped them from trying before.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Damned if you do or don't... If they don't allow it to go to floor or vote against it, then they can be painted as "baby killers" and other pathos laden dreck. If they vote for it or allow it to go to floor, then they are "traitors to the Constitution" and similar.

How far have we as a nation, have fallen to allow no compromise, black/white thinking to permeate into our politics? I have borderline personality and know this thinking all to well... :(

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    OVERWHELM THE SWITCH-BOARDS,

E-Mails and Post-offices of your Representatives telling them, "HOW Y O U VOTE, on gun-laws, SENATOR, WILL DETERMINE HOW I VOTE, the next time that YOU run." Be polite, be adamant, be specific. Act up like the hippies did in the 60s-70s, but better behaved. All of Congress can control Øbama AND any attack against The Constitution if we GET OUR ACTS TOGETHER into ONE major push: NO more amendments to The Constitution.

RenegadeAngel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    In theory, could the manufacturers not just market a PMAG for example, as a .458 SOCOM magazine? No difference in the mags for this or a standard AR-15 in .223, except that it will hold ten rounds of 458 as opposed to 30 in .223?

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    With your "personality disorder".....

..... I'd be happy to NOT see you post any more, because you don't deem our cause to be defined well enough for you to decide on a side to support. Jus' sayin' Like: are abortionists "baby-killers" any less than crazed shooters? But A LOT OF PRESSURE made that sort of life-taking legal. We TOGETHER can stop Feinstein and other "progressive thinkers' " bill from getting even voted out of committee by our immediate, continued, and reasoned responses to this crazed-man's illegal actions. BEGIN NOW! Did you notice that when LEO arrived, TWENTY MINUTES AFTER THE KILLING STOPPED, that NONE of the guns jumped back up and began shooting again? It wasn't the gun that did the killing. We law-abiding gun-owners need to substitute "pathos" and use our "PASSION," as in"... my cold. dead hands .." Get on that band-wagon and stop whining about "border-line personality." THAT belongs @ the Rio Grande River. You might want to put your guns in classifieds.
    Damned if you do or don't... If they don't allow it to go to floor or vote against it, then they can be painted as "baby killers" and other pathos laden dreck. If they vote for it or allow it to go to floor, then they are "traitors to the Constitution" and similar. I have borderline personality and know this thinking all to well... :(
    <<They ARE closing in on The Constitution, and I mean ALL of it, through a Constitutional Convention, where ALL OF THE DOCUMENT will be up for grabs. Do you want that?>>

Last edited:

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County

With all the krap going on up there now we don't know how many deals are being made such as "IF you all vote for this we will vote for that". I don't trust a single soul in DC...

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    BTW - I'm not a rifle man, but doesn't a lot of the .223 ARs come with 30 round mags as standard equipment? Where is the "high capacity"?

Exactly. I've been saying this for a while now. Standard capacity is whatever the standard factory issue design says is standard. 30 for AR-15s, 8 for 1911s etc.

Top Bottom