• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I agree with Bug that when this is all said and done there won't be near the fiscal benefits being advertised. I also agree that there will be some from money not being spent in the enforcement area, but you can bet government isn't going to be saving that cash.;)

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I agree with Bug that when this is all said and done there won't be near the fiscal benefits being advertised. I also agree that there will be some from money not being spent in the enforcement area, but you can bet government isn't going to be saving that cash.;)
    There won't be a huge fiscal benefit. Marijuana and mushrooms have always been considered much less important/dangerous than the other big name black market recreational intoxicants. It will free up resources however.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I care less about the money being pissed away than about the freedom lost.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    Time in a barrel…
    Moonshine is just illegal liquor. Thus if its made by Jim Bob (who) in a copper pot still without a permission slip and bribe (how) in the woods (where) it's moonshine. As opposed to someone with a college degree with lab quality equipment and government approval in a Distillery.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Moonshine is just illegal liquor. Thus if its made by Jim Bob (who) in a copper pot still without a permission slip and bribe (how) in the woods (where) it's moonshine. As opposed to someone with a college degree with lab quality equipment and government approval in a Distillery.
    You are defining it completely different than me…. LOL

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    That's fair enough lol.
    I'm all for moonshine. I just thought it was an interesting comparison to the devils lettuce.
    Growing and smoking weed has very little physical risks aside from enforcement action.
    Distillation leaves plenty of opportunity to blow yourself up or poison yourself, in addition to enforcement action.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    That's fair enough lol.
    I'm all for moonshine. I just thought it was an interesting comparison to the devils lettuce.
    Growing and smoking weed has very little physical risks aside from enforcement action.
    Distillation leaves plenty of opportunity to blow yourself up or poison yourself, in addition to enforcement action.
    I've heard of someone making a batch of moonshine with weed... It was supposedly a very interesting drink.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's fair enough lol.
    I love bourbon as do several here. I am mesmerized by the processes through which an unpalatable distillation is put in barrels, left in Gods hands for a period of time, and out comes delishness…

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Depending on who you go with, both of your definitions are correct. Generally speaking moonshine is illegally produced unaged corn whiskey.

Oh boy…
    Yep. Not something I would necessarily want to spring on somebody without prior notice. But not much different than sitting down with a bowl and a bottle. Dang, if/when it becomes legal at the state and federal level and I open up a shop I know the name. The bowl and bottle, sell weed and alcohol.

Top Bottom