• ...and so much more!
  • Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Republicans in 2001
    Democrats in 2011
    Sick of all of em' Why can't a common man win an election any longer?

Amen to that! All about power and money and the common man get;'s left behind. I think it was Thomas Jefferson who said a 2-party system was bound to fail and he supported a 3 or more party system. 2-parties first lead to gridlock and secondly to a nation divided. A house divided against itself cannot stand... think about it. God bess America:patriot:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    We're not paying for their suites...At least not for now.
    Yes we are, 3 times. We pay their salaries, then they take a per diem on their taxes, then they write off the rest of the receipts that the per diem doesn't cover. I think it is absolutely HILARIOUS how they claim to be paying out of their pocket, who put the money in their pocket to begin with?

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Remember, we CAN fire these folk. We just need to wait until their LABOR CONTRACT expires in 2012. I just pray we still have a country to call our own at that time.
    :wallbash:

Alas my dear friend I wish that were true. We cannot fire these idiots since in all likelihood most of us do not live in their districts... Unless you can convince all the welfare, union types who live in the districts that elect these yahoos to vote republican we will always have this issue.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Yes we are, 3 times. We pay their salaries, then they take a per diem on their taxes, then they write off the rest of the receipts that the per diem doesn't cover. I think it is absolutely HILARIOUS how they claim to be paying out of their pocket, who put the money in their pocket to begin with?
    Their checks are being held by governor and they are not using per diem, so I guess in essence we are still paying for their silly ways, but we are not paying anymore than normal.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    BTW, the Republicans did it in '91, so that makes it OK? Fine, I'm sure we can find an instance of a constituent shooting some lawmaker over his actions as a legislator. Would that make shooting these low-life's OK?

Republicans in 2001
    Democrats in 2011
    Sick of all of em' Why can't a common man win an election any longer?

Not even close to comparison, the Republicans NEVER even left the grounds, they just all went to meeting room still in the statehouse if my memory serves me correctly.

Leaving the state and not standing up to the task at hand that THEY was elected for by people of the State of Indiana is pure cowardice.

I say that at the one week mark of not being in session like they are supposed to be, constitutes dereliction of duty by an elected official and proceedings should be started for their removal of office.

Don't do the job that you was elected to do and you pay the price.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    It's called Voluntary Termination, or Job Abandonment. If you don't show up to work or call for 2 or 3 days then you've essentially quit without notice. And will not be getting a good reference. Also, calling it and saying they refuse to work will typically get that on the first day. So as I see we we need to have some special elections to back fill these empty seats.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    ...except for making them look like whiny brats and wasting our time and tax dollars.

Democrats won't be back this week

"[House Speaker] Bosma announced the House Rules Committee would extend the legislative deadline for bills on their second and third reading until next Friday, meaning legislation previously considered by the body will not die as previously thought.

This does not mean, however, that the controversial right to work legislation would surface. It has yet to have a first reading, meaning it is not eligible for a second.
    The vote to extend the deadline will be the chamber’s first order of business once a quorum is present."

I seem to remember a few years ago when the democrats had all three branches that we were told "Elections have consequences"

They can dish it out, but they can't take it. Hypocrites!

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    It cracks me up. All these folk saying "But they are sticking up for our rights by not showing up." NO!

Look, if you can't take the heat, get the heck out of the kitchen! If you can't win the debate cause you have nothing to stand on, then lose with dignity, but don't walk out on your job. There's a reason the Reps won BIG in 2010. Because the Left wasn't doing it correctly. Now they are like little children who take their toys and leave.

Bloody crybabies...

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Their checks are being held by governor and they are not using per diem, so I guess in essence we are still paying for their silly ways, but we are not paying anymore than normal.
    But they WILL get their checks when they return. How do we really know they aren't going to claim a per diem allowance on their tax returns next year? They may claim they aren't going to, but I call BS. I'm not a gambling man and I'm putting money on it that they WILL, each and every one.......

Unfortunately I can't find anything in the IN State Constitution regarding a procedure for recall elections, so I still think forcing them to stay out of IN indefinitely is the best option. Even seize all of their IN based assets so they haven't got anything to come back for. This not only will stop this action, but also any other future action that may not benefit us. Once they've been deadlocked long enough they'll both agree to putting legislature on a ballot for a vote of the people for the people by the people.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    When the Democrats win, they say "Elections have consequences" and the Republicans should let them push through their agenda.

When Rahm Emanuel was challenged on his residency and, therefore, his eligibility to run for mayor of Chicago, he said, "Let the people choose their mayor, not the election board."

But when the Democrats lose, they believe it is only because the voters were fooled or were stupid.
    They truly believe they have the right to rule. They are willing to break the rules of government and the law to keep their power because they believe their right to power trumps EVERY other right in the country.

If you want to understand Democrats, look at Obama.

He promised to be the "post-partisan President" and include both sides in all policy decisions. When he realized he had a majority in both houses, he locked the door to the white house and would not answer Republican's requests for meetings. Later, he said, "The Republicans can come along, but they have to ride in the back seat and keep quiet."

Obama promised that all bills would be posted online for at least 72 hours before any vote so that everyone in the country would have a chance to see what "the most open administration in history" was proposing. The Stimulus Act was passed before it was compiled or printed. NOBODY knew what was in it.

He also promised that the Health Care Bill debate would be on C-Span so "every American can see who is proposing what and how their Representatives are voting." The bill was written by Pelosi and Reid and pushed through with little actual debate and NO broadcast debate. As Queen Nancy said, "We have to pass it to find out what's in it."

Lie after Lie after Lie.

The only times a Democrat is telling the truth is when he says he wants to raise taxes, make government bigger, or "spread the wealth around" (that is, take it from those who earn it and give to those who don't).

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    I thought the Gov. could appoint people and hold elections within 3 months.......but elections are expensive.

If you want the RTW law, pitch using part of the savings to prevent teacher layoffs, and divide & conquer the union support......lol

Top Bottom