• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I definitely support Bush, Cheney, and Boener WHEN FACED WITH THE ALTERNATIVES!! Paco, disagree with the rest of your post, and I'm not really into sports. Youy may have some validity in the fact that they want to control our lives, but in my experience, the Dems want total control. GOP"s that push a nannystate are not true GOP, they're RINO's. IMO on a scale of one to ten on which party is worse for freedom, I give the Dems 10, the GOP maybe two or three. Flame on.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I definitely support Bush, Cheney, and Boener WHEN FACED WITH THE ALTERNATIVES!! [sic] GOP"s that push a nannystate are not true GOP, they're RINO's.

denile.jpg

vl7qg.jpg

:twocents:

Rsmith

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Morgan County
    Huh.. I must be brain damaged. My addled and damaged brain seems to think that the best way to reduce dependance on oil is to develop better engines, increase wind power, solar use, and ultimately develop batteries and other forms of energy. It's good for the environment, bad for terrorists, and easier for us to control. I do think that developing more oil is a good short term plan, but it should not be a long term answer.
    I guess we will have 5 dollar gas and heat our homes with candles until all of the above items are invented.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Personally, I think BOTH parties suck and I no longer vote for a particular party.

I vote against the incumbant mostly.

Lawyers should be banned from Politics, Pay should be small, Civic duty should mean something.

Did I say they BOTH suck?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I guess we will have 5 dollar gas and heat our homes with candles until all of the above items are invented.
    How long do you think it takes to drill a well, build pipelines and the rest of the necessary infrastructure? If we started drilling today it would still be a few years before we reaped any benefits from domestic drilling. While we should be doing it the other options should keep progressing in a free market and become more efficient and affordable. We cannot afford to have all of our eggs in one basket. We also need to add thorium reactors and thermal depolymerization plants into the equation.

Rsmith

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Morgan County
    How long do you think it takes to drill a well, build pipelines and the rest of the necessary infrastructure? If we started drilling today it would still be a few years before we reaped any benefits from domestic drilling. While we should be doing it the other options should keep progressing in a free market and become more efficient and affordable. We cannot afford to have all of our eggs in one basket. We also need to add thorium reactors and thermal depolymerization plants into the equation.

Gas is high because of speculation start drilling and the speculation will decrease the next day. If im wrong gas gets cheaper in five years. Or lets do nothing and in five years we can all talk about 10 dollar gas.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I've heard this freedom from religion vs freedom of religion before. Please tell me what it means? I do have a religion and it tells me that certain areas of mainstream christianity don't coincide with my beliefs. So... what rules am I beholden to?

Thanks,
    Matthew

This is an interesting topic. I guess it depends how you look at religion. Is there a God? If yes, what does he expect from me? If he expects certain things from me, doesn't he expect that from everyone? Who is it that actually knows what God expects from me and thus can tell me what it is?

IMO there is a great deal of hypocrisy surrounding this basic tenet. Who am I to tell God what I think he is and what he says I should do? Yet, who is anyone else to tell me? Does going to a religious school and being proclaimed a man of God by diploma actually give any real authority to act in God's name? Does God have anyone that does have authority to act in His name? How does one get that authority?

I guess my feeling is that if there is someone who has that authority from God, given by God, I should probably do what he tells me to do whether or not I personally agree with it. If there is noone that speaks for God then why bother with religion at all since they are just making it up on the fly?

Having said that, the Founding Fathers were religious men who left the old world in part for the ability to worship as they pleased. They believed that government should not interfere with their faith, nor should faith run the government. Thus, separation of church and state. The intent was never to allow the state to squash Christianity and bend over backwards to appease certain other religions as the left is fond of doing.

I would ask myself, who wants to take my freedom of religion away? Who wants to make the country dependant on on government for sustenance? Who wants to relieve me of my ability to defend myself and my family? Who controls the press and attempts to censor the voice of dissent? Who wants the producers to support the looters? For all their talk about being "liberal thinkers" they really just mean they think differently than I do and want to force their ideals on me, which is exactly what they complain about the republicans doing.

People view the left and right as polar oposites, but they are not. It is a circular continuum where the far left and the far right meet opposite the moderates and at that intersection you have tyranny. They are all liars and tyranny by either group is still tyranny. But I cannot feed the mouth that bites me. I vote against Dems no matter who runs against them

Brian S.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Toto, IN
    You are a far-right social libertarian.
    Right: 9.31, Libertarian: 9.3

Not really a Libertarian, but that quiz doesn't take Objectivism into account.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Those sources of alternative energy would be great ways to reduce our dependency on foreign oil supplies and even eventually our own domestic sources of fossil fuels. However, what do we do in the meantime while we are waiting for those energy sources to be developed? What we have now is not going to solve our problems. Windpower and solar energy will not work in many parts of our country. When batteries are developed that will allow you to go further than 100 miles without a long and boring recharge, I might consider that. I drive the interstates every day and will not put my fat butt in a mini Cooper as long as there are massive semis and other large vehicles on the roadway with me. I am still undecided about nuclear energy. Look at the problems in Japan as the result of someone cutting corners to save some money. I think that we are pretty much in agreement. I do not trust our government to take care of this problem for us. I really think that they are pretty much in our way.

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis

I think you missed the part where I said it was a good short term solution? No? Maybe the red glasses on your eyes only read what you wanted to see?

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Gas is high because of speculation start drilling and the speculation will decrease the next day. If im wrong gas gets cheaper in five years. Or lets do nothing and in five years we can all talk about 10 dollar gas.

Who said we are doing nothing? Again you are reading things that were not written.

starcrack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    Alternative energy industry, as it stands now, is a bit of a scam. Bottom line is that it is cost-wise unsustainable without massive government subsidies. With necessary government spending tied up in subsidies for the status quo energy sector, it's unlikely alternative energy is going to be meaningful for at least a while.

Nuclear energy has killed less and is generally much safer than any conventional energy source. Petroleum alone has polluted far more and killed many more people (number is in the hundreds of thousands, mostly occupational fatalities, but still) It's just that when something does go wrong, it is so catastrophic that it gets a lot of bad PR.

Top Bottom