• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    wow there are dems here. My only hope is they sell their gun collections and send the money to some poor people so i dont have to pay for their **** this year.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I generally vote Democrat, although I support Richard Lugar. As a Potawatomi I vote for what is best for:

1) family
    2) tribe (Pokagon Band)
    3) nation (Potawatomi)

The rest doesn't mean much to me.

FOUR MORE YEARS!! :rockwoot:

I want to ask you, respectfully of your voting choices, how your reconcile voting in whatever way you choose as it relates to gun control legislation and those who support erroding of gun rights.

Understand that Im not picking an argument just trying to understand the rationalization and if gun rights are way down the list from other voting issues to you.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    I voted for Ron Paul in the last presidential primary. I then was left with no option but to vote against Obama in the presidential election. At the State level , I voted for every Libertarian candidate on the ticket ( 4 or 5 folks IIRC), then mostly R's.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    I generally vote Democrat, although I support Richard Lugar. As a Potawatomi I vote for what is best for:

1) family
    2) tribe (Pokagon Band)
    3) nation (Potawatomi)

The rest doesn't mean much to me.

FOUR MORE YEARS!! :rockwoot:
    I didn't see America anywhere in that list. :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    I vote Libetarian when available. If lib isn't an option, I vote for whoever wants to stay out of my personal life because neither party wants to leave my wallet alone. That usually means local dems (if there is one on the ticket) get a vote unless they were running their mouth about gun control in letters to the editor...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I typically vote democrat, the main reasons are that I work a union job, and that I am just a liberal thinker in general for instance I happen to

1.be pro abortion
    2.not care about a candidates religion
    3.support gay marriage
    4.feel very strongly about many civil rights issues.

However some democrats are not pro gun, doesn't mean their are all anti gun either.

I always vote and yes I have voted for republicans. I tend to think local elections are far more significant than national ones.
    Typically democrats take a stance that I prefer on most issues that concern me.

I think politics in general are very corrupt and that most council men and women, senators, congress men and women, governors, presidents etc. do not whole heartedly represent the people that elect them.

For those four reasons I guess that makes me a democrat.
    I also do my best to support guns rights both democrats and republicans do bad and good things about guns rights.

It also depends on the candidate himself, im not going to vote for a guy just because he calls himself a democrat.
    It depends on the person and his personnal ideas too.

And dont talk to me about health care. :rolleyes:
    I do happen to have free health care but NO US citizen is paying for it.
    So relax. ;)

Ash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I vote Libetarian when available. If lib isn't an option, I vote for whoever wants to stay out of my personal life because neither party wants to leave my wallet alone.
    This for me also. :yesway:

Less government is the way to go. What have we gotten with bigger government year after year. A fatter parasite.

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I was just wondering if there are members on this site who consider themselves dems? Or support dem candidates? Im not trying to start a rockfight but I just would like to know if there are how they reconcile supporting dems who do not support gun rights as a whole.

Not that all repub pols support gun rights. :rolleyes:

LOL If I couldn't think and I was a one issue guy alone I would never vote for a Dem. However I have voted for the rare dem, and even worked for a few in politics (I have also worked for Republicans). I am as much for gun rights as I am the right to marry whomever I choose. So those are my two big issues. What party fits that? How do I reconcile that?

Thanks,
    Matthew

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I always vote

IF you don't vote, DON'T b***ch.

Straight republican ticket last time except for the local sheriff. I've known the Democratic candidate since he was in the seventh grade. He has a much more level head than the Republican. Also more responsible.

#1 issue. Fiscal responsibility. Tea is becoming my drink of choice.
    #2 is gun rights.

Note to the ACLU:It's freedom OF religion. NOT freedom FROM religion that is guaranteed.

No party or candidate will suit anyone on every issue. You have to pick based on what's MOST important to you. Or you have to run for office. The main problem I see is that we've abrogated running for office to the ones who can afford not to work in the first place in many circumstances and they have no logical reason to try and help make things better for society. Only to line their pockets. " Citizen Statesman required. Inquire within." How can we fund and elect a common man with common sense?
    Seems impossible.

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis

Straight republican ticket last time except for the local sheriff. I've known the Democratic candidate since he was in the seventh grade. He has a much more level head than the Republican. Also more responsible.

#1 issue. Fiscal responsibility. Tea is becoming my drink of choice.
    #2 is gun rights.

Note to the ACLU:It's freedom OF religion. NOT freedom FROM religion that is guaranteed.

No party or candidate will suit anyone on every issue. You have to pick based on what's MOST important to you. Or you have to run for office. The main problem I see is that we've abrogated running for office to the ones who can afford not to work in the first place in many circumstances and they have no logical reason to try and help make things better for society. Only to line their pockets. " Citizen Statesman required. Inquire within." How can we fund and elect a common man with common sense?
    Seems impossible.

I've heard this freedom from religion vs freedom of religion before. Please tell me what it means? I do have a religion and it tells me that certain areas of mainstream christianity don't coincide with my beliefs. So... what rules am I beholden to?

Thanks,
    Matthew

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana

I don't buy this. He said "I vote for people who i think are worth my vote, otherwise i don't vote at all." And since NOTA is not an option, he has every right to ***** whether he votes or not.

The main problem I see is that we've abrogated running for office to the ones who can afford not to work in the first place in many circumstances and they have no logical reason to try and help make things better for society. Only to line their pockets. " Citizen Statesman required. Inquire within." How can we fund and elect a common man with common sense?
    Seems impossible.

Someone posted a link to this site recently. I haven't reserached the organization, but I like the theme.

GOOOH: Get Out of Our House

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I've heard this freedom from religion vs freedom of religion before. Please tell me what it means? I do have a religion and it tells me that certain areas of mainstream christianity don't coincide with my beliefs. So... what rules am I beholden to?

Thanks,
    Matthew
    I think it meas if you hear someone talking about religion and disagree you should just ignore it.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    What is a vote for? Some seem to think it's a method of communication, which I guess it can be. To me, it's a device used to decide what philosophy will be used to make the laws that affect my life.

We have a two-party system. There are third parties out there, but in our system all they can do is take votes away from one party or another. It's possible one of the third parties could grow large enough to supplant one of two larger parties, but personally, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Since we have a two-party system, party trumps person. I might like a particular Democrat better than a particular Republican, but if I decide based only on that particular person, I'm only seeing a small part of the picture. A vote for a Democrat I happen to like is also a vote for Nancy Pelosi for speaker, or Harry Reid for Senate Majority Leader. It's a vote for Chuck Shumer for Chairman of the Judiciary Committee.

So I ask myself, "If I voted for a Libertarian who actually got elected, which party would he vote with more often?" That's how I choose the party I vote for, which is the Republican Party.

So, if you want to communicate your displeasure, you can vote for a third party candidate. If your vote for a third-party candidate takes away votes from the candidate of the party who is the lesser of evils, your vote actually serves to elect the greater of the evils.

Also, never forget that the "pro-gun" Democrat you elect will create an anti-gun Speaker and anti-gun committee chairs and his pro-gun vote will be lost in a sea of other votes, whereas if the Republicans controlled the committees, anti-gun legislation would likely never even come to vote.

jpo117

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I usually end up voting Democrat. People here are constantly talking about Democrats taking away their freedoms, but it seems what they're really complaining about is guns and taxes. Valid points, certainly, but I agree with the left far more on most other topics than the right. I make sure to keep my NRA membership up to date, though.

Top Bottom