Democrats admit there will be NO ban of Assault Weapons, so why crazy prices?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cowboy45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Whitley County
    There is no magic to a price drive.. Consumers set the price for everything from fossil fuels to toilet paper.. As long as the number of people who want to buy is more than the production the number will be higher.. Also say if someone would control the volume of production like canceling the Key Stone pipeline.. That would again drive the price up.. But no one in there right mind would do such a thing like that..

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    I'm not so sure that that means that there will be no ban, when obama doesnt get what he wants, he executive orders it. all it takes in one crisis and the president can declare marshal law, drone strike people, detain anyone he wants, and round up people and put them in the FEMA camps. Ok, so that sounds sooooo crazy right? well....every bit of it has and is happening. when a democrat says something, its a lie, they know the house wont vote for it, so they need another way to do it. yes greed is king, but honestly once you are in the gov't, greed no longer runs you, power, the ability to run people's lives drives those politicians, they have the money, and now they will screw you with it. i may be a pessimist but i'm sure i'm right. its a matter of time now folks. DHS, drones, tanks, fema camps, my god its nuts

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    There is no magic to a price drive.. Consumers set the price for everything from fossil fuels to toilet paper.. As long as the number of people who want to buy is more than the production the number will be higher.. Also say if someone would control the volume of production like canceling the Key Stone pipeline.. That would again drive the price up.. But no one in there right mind would do such a thing like that..

I don't want to start anything. But you don't think the price of gas is manipulated to a much greater degree by forces other than the consumer?

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Amazing. Absolutely amazing. No wonder Obama got re-elected, LMAO!

This is EXACTLY what the DemocRATS want, bickering among ourselves. "Divide and conquer" isn't a 'new' concept to anyone here, is it? Are we such suckers that we're going to play right in to their hands? Really?

The 'price gougers', WHO are they screwing? Their own kind. The guy grabbing 10 boxes of ammo off the shelf when the guy standing next to him needs a couple, WHO is that 'grabber' screwing? His own kind. The people that didn't vote for Romney for 'principle' or whatever reasons, WHO did they screw? Their own kind. The election results PROVED that, unequivocally.

Clue - Ya can ONLY screw ONE 'opponent' at a time. Not MY 'rules', it's the way it IS. If ya screw your own kind, you can NOT screw the Liberals. That's mighty fine with the Liberals! Who WINS that in 2014 & 2016? duh...

The question is, are we gonna KEEP doing it?

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish

This is EXACTLY what the DemocRATS want, bickering among ourselves. "Divide and conquer" isn't a 'new' concept to anyone here, is it? Are we such suckers that we're going to play right in to their hands? Really?

The 'price gougers', WHO are they screwing? Their own kind. The guy grabbing 10 boxes of ammo off the shelf when the guy standing next to him needs a couple, WHO is that 'grabber' screwing? His own kind. The people that didn't vote for Romney for 'principle' or whatever reasons, WHO did they screw? Their own kind. The election results PROVED that, unequivocally.

Clue - Ya can ONLY screw ONE 'opponent' at a time. Not MY 'rules', it's the way it IS. If ya screw your own kind, you can NOT screw the Liberals. That's mighty fine with the Liberals! Who WINS that in 2014 & 2016? duh...

The guy grabbing 10 boxes off the shelf has no responsibility to the person behind him. I was the guy behind him a few weeks ago. I shrugged and left. Did it suck for me, yes. Thats the price of living in a free society. I wouldn't worry about it too much though. Soon we will all be equal and all have nothing. Soon we will have the government regulation of how much of everything each person can buy. Just like all the anti-gouging/ant-hoarding INGOers want.

Oh the hypocrisy of decrying big government on one hand and market prices on the other. :dunno:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

Hell yes we are going to keep screwing ourselves, it's (as I have been told numerous times on this forum) the New American way. And yes the Liberals L-O-V-E the division among the Pro gun crowd. Why do you think Obama never makes a big deal about being called the greatest gun salesman? Because it works to drive prices up and that has to be bad for the pro gun people. Not being able to afford to buy ammo or guns would be a pretty effective form of gun control, now wouldn't it?

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Hell yes we are going to keep screwing ourselves... Not being able to afford to buy ammo or guns would be a pretty effective form of gun control, now wouldn't it?

I would LOVE to disagree with you, TD, I really would. Sadly, I cannot.

But you and I BOTH know that, all that means, is another 'vote' for gun-ban whackos. :crying:

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    My responses in red. We are not animals, we all have free will. We choose our actions, each and every one of us. I believe it is not how long you live that is the measure of your life, but rather how well you live what life you have.

I do have to disagree with you - GREED ( a selfish and excessive desire for more of something (as money) than is needed) is what built our nation! Only those with a large sum of money (obviously enough to last them and their families for many years), were capable of building the Railroads, Steel Mills, dig the coal mines, finance the oil industry etc., etc.,

They did this with the expectation that they would gain monetarily from the endeavor. John D. Rockefeller, Andrew Carnegie, William Vanderbilt (who inherited 200 Million from his father and obviously didn't NEED more money), Henry Ford, were just some of the Capitalists that built the foundations of this nation. In the case of EVERY man named above - the wealth they personally held was far beyond what they NEEDED, yet they continued to amass wealth during their lives.

In no way am I inferring that I agree with everything they did, but I certainly am not going to condemn them, without their drive to make more money we would not have the nation we do.

For that matter in 99% of the small business starts, GS's included, the person(s) would not invest their time and money without an expectation of material gain! I personally hope it never changes!

Investor buy land - expecting to see prices rise. I don't complain when people buy low and sell high. Sure I hope (jealously) that some of the speculators loose their butt buying all the ammo and marking it up double. But that's cause I'm greedy and want to keep some of my money.

I sure don't want Lenin's communist doctrine in place in the USA, or have the Government pass more Laws to prevent free enterprise. The market on guns and ammo will stabilize as all markets do, if the Feds stay out of the game.

Either people will stop paying as much for guns/ammo or if the profit is high enough and the trend continues, more people will start to manufacture until the price drops.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I do have to disagree with you - GREED ( a selfish and excessive desire for more of something (as money) than is needed) is what built our nation! Only those with a large sum of money (obviously enough to last them and their families for many years), were capable of building the Railroads, Steel Mills, dig the coal mines, finance the oil industry etc., etc.,

They did this with the expectation that they would gain monetarily from the endeavor. John D. Rockefeller, Andrew Carnegie, William Vanderbilt (who inherited 200 Million from his father and obviously didn't NEED more money), Henry Ford, were just some of the Capitalists that built the foundations of this nation. In the case of EVERY man named above - the wealth they personally held was far beyond what they NEEDED, yet they continued to amass wealth during their lives.

In no way am I inferring that I agree with everything they did, but I certainly am not going to condemn them, without their drive to make more money we would not have the nation we do.

For that matter in 99% of the small business starts, GS's included, the person(s) would not invest their time and money without an expectation of material gain! I personally hope it never changes!

Investor buy land - expecting to see prices rise. I don't complain when people buy low and sell high. Sure I hope (jealously) that some of the speculators loose their butt buying all the ammo and marking it up double. But that's cause I'm greedy and want to keep some of my money.

I sure don't want Lenin's communist doctrine in place in the USA, or have the Government pass more Laws to prevent free enterprise. The market on guns and ammo will stabilize as all markets do, if the Feds stay out of the game.

Either people will stop paying as much for guns/ammo or if the profit is high enough and the trend continues, more people will start to manufacture until the price drops.
    They also gave away tremendous sums of money. Some of the charities they established are still going strong.

grasshopperlegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Cartersburg.
    The crazy prices are the gun owners and gun store owners that want to get as much as someone is going to pay. This is true about business. There is just so many manufactures of ammo here in the USA and so like the oil companies they will only put out so much so the price will go up. When gun owners go into these shops a buy cases of ammo and leave nothing for anyone else then again the prices go up. I have a friend that sells ammo and He has told me that they will only send him so much a month and so He has to ration the ammo to maybe 2 50 round boxes ammo (He didn't say which one) So there it is business.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    Ammo flippers are becoming gazillionairs and keeping it all to themselves.

Funny, I was talking with a friend about how the ammo flippers were probably the same guys who were buying up all the Wiis a couple years ago and selling them above cost on eBay. I think that one lasted for three or four months.

Top Bottom