• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Is this the same class we froze our posteriors off attending back in March of 2023? It was a great class and I enjoyed Obijohn as the instructor.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I am the type of guy that rides motorcycles for years, but I go back and take ABATE classes every few years just to refresh on the basics and I learn something worthwhile everytime because of the experience different instructors bring.

I do the same with firearms. I took some great one on one classes with Coach and my 92F and everytime I learned something. He even got me to go to a match or two. Real confidence builder, which is always my problem.

Obijohn is a great instructor and I have never had a class from him.

He took a Revere's Riders Pistol class on the line next to me. Basic Pistol. He was passing me tips all day. I came in with my Beretta 92 and my groups were horrible. I have shot that gun since 1987 and usually shoot it well enough. We talked enough he know I had a PX4 in the car and he told me to go get that gun. I shot great the rest of the day. He could have phrased it a lot of ways, but he was very gracious. The real problem was I was anticipating the trigger but I didn't have that problem with the PX4. A couple days later on the home range, I shot the 92F and the PX4 to my satisfaction but on that day i built in a flinch on the 92FS for some reason. Obijohn shot it just fine.

I took the RR Carbine class in the spring, Obijohn showed up about halfway through the class and talked to a lot of people he knew from other classes. People may not know it from my INGO posting but in general I keep to myself and am not all that outgoing, but he eventually made it around to me and before long I was getting tips/thoughts/and insights on how to run my carbine.

Other than definitely earning my respect, he never made a dime from me (yet), but that's my fault. With my knee still recuperating, I am still on the fence about signing up for this class, but

IF you have the time available, TAKE this class.

Top Bottom