• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If the school gave her permission, couldn't she carry in the classroom?

If she has permission from the right people, yes.

(a) This chapter does not apply to the following:…

(2) A person who may legally possess a firearm and who has been authorized by: (A) a school board (as defined by IC 20-26-9-4); or (B) the body that administers a charter school established under IC 20-24;to carry a firearm in or on school property.

Ind. Code § 35-47-9-1

The board of the school my children attend - consisting solely of me and my wife - has unanimously authorized the possession and carry of firearms on school property...

My children attend in a similar district.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    The best defense is creating an environment that is unattractive to would-be attackers - i.e. the presence of armed people within the facility. If you're dealing with an attacker who has selected your school for his attack, you're already at a decided disadvantage. If you're resorting to defending against a gun with a fire extinguisher, you've already lost.

True. But there are several schools in this state that will never allow faculty to carry guns inside the building.

That's why my post earlier was brilliant :)

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    Not even joking... if a teacher ran to her car to get a gun and defend her students and was prosecuted... the citizens should rally around her and defy the authorities WITH FORCE AND GUNS to force her release or prevent her arrest.

WITH deadly force.

What the Hell do we even have a society for if we would be unwilling to do so?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If the teacher can get to her car, why wouldn't she take the kids with her and proceed out of harm's way?

I cannot ever see that abandoning the children you are in charge of as a good idea, even with the best of intentions.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    If the teacher can get to her car, why wouldn't she take the kids with her and proceed out of harm's way?

I cannot ever see that abandoning the children you are in charge of as a good idea, even with the best of intentions.

Teachers don't always have students.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Not even joking... if a teacher ran to her car to get a gun and defend her students and was prosecuted... the citizens should rally around her and defy the authorities WITH FORCE AND GUNS to force her release or prevent her arrest.

WITH deadly force.

Or... just refuse to convict. There are peaceful ways to nullify bad laws and bad applications. Educate your fellow citizens.

If we can't as a society administer justice, the State will render its version [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] upon us.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

WITH deadly force.

Good luck with that.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Teachers don't always have students.

That is a good point, but wouldn't one assume that a teacher would be teaching?

I'll go back to my same point as above and even encourage it. Teachers, administrators, support staff, nurses and such should all have the opportunity to carry and receive training to effectively do so in the school environment. Coordination for effective school security and PR could also be incorporated.

The icing on the cake of this is that we create an emerging youth that is seeing guns carried as a safe environment.

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    I mentioned in another thread that these school GFZ's need to be done away with. We all know the only thing they do is give active shooters an easy target. Are school GFZ's a state issue? If so, we need to pressure our reps to deregulate.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I mentioned in another thread that these school GFZ's need to be done away with. We all know the only thing they do is give active shooters an easy target. Are school GFZ's a state issue? If so, we need to pressure our reps to deregulate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun-Free_School_Zones_Act_of_1990
    The Gun-Free School Zones Act (GFSZA) is a federal United States law that prohibits any unauthorized individual from knowingly possessing a firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone as defined by 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(25).
    It was introduced in the U.S. Senate in October 1990 by Joseph R. Biden and signed into law in November 1990 by George H. W. Bush.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I`ve never understood the Indiana law on firearms possession on school property. What is it exactly? You may have your weapon either on your person in your vehicle, or, in your locked vehicle if you leave the vehicle, right?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I`ve never understood the Indiana law on firearms possession on school property. What is it exactly? You may have your weapon either on your person in your vehicle, or, in your locked vehicle if you leave the vehicle, right?

Pretty much this. gun can be in the car, but not outside it. If you leave the vehicle, it needs to be left behind, out of sight in the locked vehicle.

Top Bottom