• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Does anyone know where I can get a complete or upper in one of the new legal cartridges(458 socom, 50 Beowulf, 358 Hoosier,)? Or even a contender in 460 or something like that. My budget is up $2000 if its a complete setup, rifle, optics, and ammo. I live in Brookville, and do not have very much time to travel right now.

Thanks for any info.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Check with Big Daddy's in Hagerstown. He has advertised here that he has has .458 RRA rifles and uppers and ammo. He still might have something laying around. If you get a .458... Enjoy it! I love mine and will have a bolt gun soon!

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I will the 458 is truly what in after. I shot two does last year with a buddy's 458 and fell in love with it. After that I can't go back to the shotgun or muzzle loader.

I sent big daddy's a pm the other day but have not heard back yet.

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I'm looking for something within short driving distance, not really wanting to ship anything. I like to see and handle a gun in person before paying out for it.

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I do hunt on private ground, but not my own. I hunt several different spreads with permission of course and even a little publics ground hunting around Brookville lake. So I would rather stick to the legal rounds.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    I don't know what is considered short driving distance but Orion's down by Louisville had several 458's in stock last time I was in there.

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Are either of those available anywhere. I do not reload so I don't know if either of those are an option.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    So your saying if you hunt private ground you can use what ever you wish?

I'm say'n........you think hunters don't?.......:rolleyes:.......don't kid yerself,LOL...:):...'specially North o' Clark,Washington,Jackson county's....where it really flattens out.....'specially,if the corn's down.......:):

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    OP should wait until 2 weeks BEFORE gun season opens up to look for ammo and then wait until 2 days BEFORE season to sight rifle in just like "he" waited 2 months BEFORE the gun season opens up to get a DEER legal rifle! :n00b:

Top Bottom