Deer Hunters - How Long Do You Wait Before Moving?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pgfrmr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Fishers
    I've sat and sat thinking "what an idiot" then jumped something on my way out that was bedded just outside my stand area. Done it many times after hours of sitting. I think when the wind is in your favor you sit. If the wind changes you might still sit but now you do have permission to move.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Uh, if we go the morning of the 26th..........we will be moving the entire time. I'll send my buddy to the back of the property and I'll hop in the front and push 'em to him. Creek up, should limit their escape..........they should blow out and try to run the field. Knob there, bud will post up on it.
    If the water was down they could kick out the other side (need a 3rd person). In this case the rain will help us............if they're in there, it'll be a slam dunk- no pun intended (assuming my bud doesn't miss).

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Its like hunting anything you must play the wind, its the most important thing you can do even if you have to walk the long way in to get to your, stand play the wind, I would set at least 4 stands for every wind and hunt depending on the wind... thats it , give it time...

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I don't move from where I have done my homework and set up the tree stand. Besides that it would be a waste to not take advantage of the salt block and corn plot right by the stand.

All kidding aside I don't just hunt for the kill. I will let them pass sometimes if I don't have time to process the meat or if it too young or a doe. The kill is only part of the reason I hunt. I enjoy the beautiful scenery that The Lord has made for our pleasure.

The peace and quite is also a plus. No cell phone ringing, customers with issues, wife, kids, grandkids and the list goes on. It is just me and Mother Nature kicking it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom