• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    Just purchased a new H&R Handi Rifle in 357 mag for my son, 8 yrs old, and we are going to get it set up for his first deer season as a shooter.
    This is my second handi rifle set up so it ought to work out pretty good, will have a range report soon.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The .357 should be a great cartridge for the young man. Reps to you for taking him hunting.

jzukjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    crawfordsville
    Just purchased a new H&R Handi Rifle in 357 mag for my son, 8 yrs old, and we are going to get it set up for his first deer season as a shooter.
    This is my second handi rifle set up so it ought to work out pretty good, will have a range report soon.

first seasons are always great with or without a deer. good luck to you and your son this season!:ar15:

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    Thanks to all for your comments,this is his first season as a shooter, he has been in the blind with me since he was 4,and " we" have taken does but nothing big. i say we because it is the both of us that spend the hours in the woods,and that is what it has become all about. time in the woods with my little man.

jzukjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    crawfordsville
    Thanks to all for your comments,this is his first season as a shooter, he has been in the blind with me since he was 4,and " we" have taken does but nothing big. i say we because it is the both of us that spend the hours in the woods,and that is what it has become all about. time in the woods with my little man.

ive got a 2 month old son and im already looking forward to this!:yesway::D

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've shot a handi rifle in .500s&w. Almost convinced me I needed 1 but then I shot the guy's other rifle, an AR in .458socom. Now I think I need both.

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    Thanks again everybody for your comments, going to shoot tomorrow as he is on fall break and its what he wants to do. Even getting to practice for the hopeful shot has become a blast.

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    I have the H&R Handi Rifle in .357 mag too, and I love it. I mounted a Bushnell 1.75x-4x scope on it and am using it for deer this year...and I'm 38! Mine shoots really well. It's one of my favorite guns to shoot, because it has virtually no recoil. I'm using the Hornady LeverEvolution rounds for hunting. Hopefully I'll find out how it does this year.

On a side note, Fiocchi's 142gr FMJ truncated cone ammo has the same bullet weight and velocity as the Hornady LeverEvolution rounds, and is a lot cheaper. They have the same POI out of my gun, so I can practice with the cheaper Fiocchi and hunt with the Hornady.

22collector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Warsaw
    Still remember my first (and only) hunt with my dad, 32 years ago. No deer, but one of the best memories I have. Congrats for making it special for him!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom