• ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I've had venison 6 + times this season...chili...roasts in the crock pot, and steaks on the grill (I grill in all weather...it takes longer when it's cold...not sure why).

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    - liver with bacon, onions & mushrooms
    - heart cooked slow in the crock pot (6 hrs) with root vegetables
    - bone-in loin roast with mushroom & marsala sauce... dad brought this one over from a roadkill
    - pan cooked boneless loin with onion & mushroom gravy, side of mashed potatoes and asparagus
    - left over loin cut into medallians, drizzled with balsamic reduction and served with fetuccine alfredo with gorgonzola and a bit of chopped spinach

Greenedog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    Greene County
    We eat venison once or twice a week. My current favorite is chops or tenderloin on the grill. Tonight it was meatloaf. I tried something new that a buddy told me about, just use straight deer burger and your normal eggs and bread crumbs or crackers, and then add a jar of salsa to the mix. I used a jar of homemade salsa and it was GREAT! The wife absolutely loved it(and this from someone who once claimed they hated deer meat.) ;)

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    We eat venison once or twice a week. My current favorite is chops or tenderloin on the grill. Tonight it was meatloaf. I tried something new that a buddy told me about, just use straight deer burger and your normal eggs and bread crumbs or crackers, and then add a jar of salsa to the mix. I used a jar of homemade salsa and it was GREAT! The wife absolutely loved it(and this from someone who once claimed they hated deer meat.) ;)

I'm gonna try the meatloaf thing. Maybe top with shredded cheese?

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    My wife is big on putting it in the crock pot. We butcher ourselves and have neck roasts, shoulder roasts and one rump roast, usually. She will put it in there with her secret stuff (secret to me because I just don't know what she does!) carrots and potatoes, and, it is WONDERFUL!

We had five kids and for most of that time, only one income. Things were tough but, instead of food stamps, we asked to be put on the county road kill list. We had 8 or 9 deer in one "season" and that is how our kids got their protein!

One had a couple of twins in her when I went to gut her. One of them is at our local junior high school and the other at the high school in jars of formaldehyde.
    You scared the crap out of me when you went from talking how your kids got their protein and then went to "One had a couple of twins in her when I went to gut her. One of them is at our local junior high school........". Fortunately I realized your intent.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Anyone in the Indy area that sells any of their venison? Been so busy with classes and work that I haven't been able to make it "home home" to hunt, but my hunger for some good deer meat is growing larger everyday. :):

Gino66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    SWIN
    stew meat (slow cooker with veggies is awesome), bacon wrapped fillets, and lots of grind, usually from front shoulders and neck. Love this time of year

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Cooked a deer shoulder in the crock pot last weekend. Cooked it till it was falling apart, then shredded it, added some bbq sauce, and cooked it a little longer, and turned it into pulled bbq.

Top Bottom