• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Tenderloin filets mrinaded in olive oil and dry rub, wrapped in bacon, then grilled medium rare. Like a bite of heaven! I love deer season. :rockwoot:
    How are you enjoying the fruits of your labor?

jath08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Greencastle, IN
    Just got home from a long day in the woods and walked through the door to the smell of my wifes venison stew with fresh baked homemade bread. AHHHHH the smell of sweet bliss. It dont get much better than this.

kirch86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    I grind all of my deer into burger. My wife isn't too big on venison so I make a bunch of summer sausage, jerky, snack sticks, and brats. Planning on making a big pot of chili and bringing it into work next week!!!

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    Ive made one batch of Jerky. The inner loins with some potatoes and corn. A nice venison roast. And tonight I am making stew for lunch at work all week.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Made deer steaks last night. My girls 5 and 10 prefer deer over beef.

Nothing special with prep. I just season with salt and cook on medium low letting it cook in its own juices. Finished medium rare and it's yummy. I used to do a bunch of fancy marinating but we all seem to prefer just the taste of the meat itself.

We did deer spaghetti a couple nights ago. Had some friends over. They ate the spaghetti and afterwards I told them it was venison. They were shocked how much they liked it.

Oh yeah and we've all been loving the hot pepper deer sausage from little bucks in martinsville. Big plus 1 for the sausage.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    My wife is big on putting it in the crock pot. We butcher ourselves and have neck roasts, shoulder roasts and one rump roast, usually. She will put it in there with her secret stuff (secret to me because I just don't know what she does!) carrots and potatoes, and, it is WONDERFUL!

We had five kids and for most of that time, only one income. Things were tough but, instead of food stamps, we asked to be put on the county road kill list. We had 8 or 9 deer in one "season" and that is how our kids got their protein!

One had a couple of twins in her when I went to gut her. One of them is at our local junior high school and the other at the high school in jars of formaldehyde.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    We eat a lot of deer burger. Taco salad, sloppy jokes, spaghetti, and chili. My wife loves going to the freezer instead of the grocery store.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Since a lot of you are on the topic of deer chilli, what is a good recipe for that? i've never made it but it sounds pretty amazing right now!

1. grab crock pot
    2. fill it with ground deer, beans, tomatoes, peppers, chilies, onions, a beer, chili powder, cumin
    3. put lid on crock pot
    4. turn it on and wait several hours
    5. eat it

shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    I usually get snack sticks, summer sausage, jerky, and butterfly steaks. Take the butterfly steaks through a tenderizer, then soak em in your favorite beer for an hour. Then bread them up and serve with your favorite gravy!

Lucky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Shelbyville
    I canned a great deal of the deer killed by family members this year and I have to say it is some of the best eatin' I have ever had. I packed pints as tight as I could leaving about 1" headspace. Then added 1/2 cube of beef boughlin (sp) and 1/2 tsp salt. Proceess @ 10# for 75 min. Unbelievable stuff!!!
    ZERO gamey taste
    l

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Deer/shrimp fajitas last night. I had a little bit of backstrap and a tenderloin left from a couple nights ago that needed to be cooked. Best fajitas I have ever ate.

Top Bottom