• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Got an 870 Express Magnum, shoot 2 3/4" Remington CopperSolids in it (what it likes best), got a.... 1.5-4.75x scope on it (Simmons maybe? or Bushnell), and can hold about 1-1.5" at 75 yards... taken 3 deer in the last 2 seasons with, most recent a good 70 yard shot, 5 point buck, maybe 140 pounds, dropped in it's tracks. I shoot my 870 with full confidence in my gun and my ability, not going to change that now. It's not let me down.

For the stand area I hunt, that's about the longest clear shot I have.

My dad on the other hand, hunts much closer to a cornfield on the edge of our property with a Marlin 512 Slugmaster (and he can hit slighty better than me at 100 yards) and had to pass on a HUGE 12 point this last season in the cornfield because he wasn't going to go 200+ with it, he's thinking about something else maybe...

Oh yeah, and one last season with a (Chevy) S-10, rounds are WAY too expensive for that...

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Interesting points of view. I think vs. spending the money to get a rifled slug barrel, I'm just going to get a new T/C Omega this weekend. Been reading online and talking with other members. Sounds like they are accurate out to 175-200 yards with the right loads.

I'll use that for firearms and muzzy season. I only get out for firearms 2 times if im lucky but free up for muzzy season.

Top Bottom