• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Sure, for the counterattack. However, the notion that the USA "saved" the UK from German invasion can only come from government schools or Hollywood.

:laugh:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41mXNVxU7XL._SX500_.jpg

How long would the Brits have lasted without supplies being ferried across the ocean every day on thousands of ships?

:laugh:

But I'll agree that the Battle of Britain was before the ships started sailing in any significant numbers, and that both Hollywood and government schools are usually wrong.

You know what I learned from Hollywood? The French did indeed help us in our revolution, but they sent only ONE GUY, and that was near the end of the war. Thanks, France, for all the help.
    :): Yes, and for some reason, Lord Barrister has listed as his domicile/location a town that bears the name of that dastardly Frenchman who aided the rebels.

Time for another tribute to England? (Both posts reminded of an oldie. Hope you get a kick out of it.)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxtaT9jDWF0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxtaT9jDWF0[/ame]

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The French did indeed help us in our revolution, but they sent only ONE GUY, and that was near the end of the war. Thanks, France, for all the help.

Might want to check your facts there, bubba. The Marquis de la Fayette wasn't quite the only help we received from France. Among other things (diplomatic recognition and funds among them), there was the matter of a French fleet lying off a place called Yorktown, Virginia.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Might want to check your facts there, bubba. The Marquis de la Fayette wasn't quite the only help we received from France. Among other things (diplomatic recognition and funds among them), there was the matter of a French fleet lying off a place called Yorktown, Virginia.

No. It was one guy. Major Jean Villeneuve.

Didn't you see The Patriot?

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well, it goes without saying that to the British, our Declaration of Independence was/is treasonous.

The colonists who wrote it and those who supported it were taking a HUGE risk.
    i.e. IF you declare independence, you'd BETTER be able to back it up and defend it or you'll hang.

But it's little different that how most all countries have been born through the ages.
    Take a piece of land, if you can defend it and keep it, you have a country until it's taken over by someone else...

Last edited:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    But it's little different that how most all countries have been born through the ages.

Actually, the United States was the only country to have gained independence from the British Empire by force of arms. (I guess it still p...es some of them off that they were shown up by a rag-tag army very largely made up by Scots-Irish. :D )

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    In the immortal words of Benjamin Franklin (in the musical 1776): "I'm surprised at you, a rebellion is always legal in the first person, such as 'our rebellion.' It is only in the third person - 'their rebellion' - that it becomes illegal."

Top Bottom