• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It’s not for everybody. If I didn’t trust myself with them, I wouldn’t be open to carrying them though so that’s not really a factor for me.
    All good. Its not a matter of trusting myself. I could also operate and train with any of them. I just would not want to carry any of those personally, nor would they ever come up on my personal recommendation list to anyone as an EDC for various reasons.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    So fyi the Tisas/Mac are “series 70” with no hammer drop safety.
    So my intended purpose for my Tisas is a 2011 idpa gun, so competition only, originally I wanted a shadow 2 compact but I gave up trying to find one, I’ve actually seen 3 in the wild! (Two are owned by 1 guy, one is his idpa esp gun, and the other is his idpa carry optics gun), and the 3rd was owned by a guy who shoots carry optics in idpa, and he carries his as his self defense gun.

If I can give you some advice, the Tisas is optics ready, but for the rsmc/k footprint so there’s not a big variety of dots available. (And I’ve yet to find adapter plates!)

The Mac takes adapter plates, it actually comes with a rmr plate…the only plate available as of now, they (sds) say they’re will be more available later this year

So if your looking to put optics on your pistol just a couple of things to think about!
    I laid hands on an S2C at Indy Arms fairly recently. They may still have it. That was all it took for me to look another direction. Very quickly determined it wasn't my thing. I was going to convert it to SAO so the da/sa aspect wasn't even in consideration for my purposes. Just didn't do it for me.

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    So fyi the Tisas/Mac are “series 70” with no hammer drop safety.
    So my intended purpose for my Tisas is a 2011 idpa gun, so competition only, originally I wanted a shadow 2 compact but I gave up trying to find one, I’ve actually seen 3 in the wild! (Two are owned by 1 guy, one is his idpa esp gun, and the other is his idpa carry optics gun), and the 3rd was owned by a guy who shoots carry optics in idpa, and he carries his as his self defense gun.

If I can give you some advice, the Tisas is optics ready, but for the rsmc/k footprint so there’s not a big variety of dots available. (And I’ve yet to find adapter plates!)

The Mac takes adapter plates, it actually comes with a rmr plate…the only plate available as of now, they (sds) say they’re will be more available later this year

So if your looking to put optics on your pistol just a couple of things to think about!
    Okay, good to know! I was definitely more leaning towards the mac when thinking about aftermarket possibilities but I feel like the likelihood of finding one used is a stretch, so the dream lives on for another day. Lol

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I laid hands on an S2C at Indy Arms fairly recently. They may still have it. That was all it took for me to look another direction. Very quickly determined it wasn't my thing. I was going to convert it to SAO so the da/sa aspect wasn't even in consideration for my purposes. Just didn't do it for me.
    If I bought one I was going to convert it to single action, the guy I know who has 2 converted both of his with cz custom parts! (I’m a Cajun gunworks guy myself)
    I’ve got a Cajun sp01 that’s pretty damn nice, I bought it used, but apparently the guy who owned it before me didn’t like the trigger pull…so he messed with it and now it’s about a pound and a half (single action only), Cajun said they’d never send one out that light, and they’d fix it but charge me for it.

My shadow 2 full size is a single action only (a factory made sao!) and the trigger pull on it is 1.5 pounds!, and if it weighed less, it shoot it in competition but it’s way to heavy and since they only made it for 3 years I don’t want to machine the hell out of it to make weight

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    If I bought one I was going to convert it to single action, the guy I know who has 2 converted both of his with cz custom parts! (I’m a Cajun gunworks guy myself)
    I’ve got a Cajun sp01 that’s pretty damn nice, I bought it used, but apparently the guy who owned it before me didn’t like the trigger pull…so he messed with it and now it’s about a pound and a half (single action only), Cajun said they’d never send one out that light, and they’d fix it but charge me for it.

My shadow 2 full size is a single action only (a factory made sao!) and the trigger pull on it is 1.5 pounds!, and if it weighed less, it shoot it in competition but it’s way to heavy and since they only made it for 3 years I don’t want to machine the hell out of it to make weight
    The dude who didn’t like the sp01 trigger is either wildly spoiled or crazy, maybe both. Lol

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    As for your other point, Beretta and Sig are good companies, but I don’t know where to start with them which is a personal issue I suppose. Lol

Not much to them. Take a look at the P226 and P229 from Sig. Beretta will either be some flavor of the 92 (all metal) or PX4 (polymer frame). CZ also makes a fine firearm, no doubt.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    P01 decocker is my vote (Omega is for those that don't know what they want... and is slightly more parts/harder to work on from what I hear). If you want optics, cutting it isn't prohibitively expensive. It's also what I carry.

Sig, Beretta, HK have strong contenders there too. The HK P30 was my carry before the P01.

I know strikers are safe and I've carried them on occasion but DA/SA has no stored mechanical energy to release regardless of pin blocks or safeties to catch it. I drive manual transmissions too, even with my 5th wheel camper (getting an extra 10k lb rolling justifies the granny 1st). Not everyone can make the neural connections as easily though. Both require practice.

DA/SA, CZ, HK, manual transmissions... at least I'm not a vegan to lord that over the rest of you peasants too LOL

Top Bottom