• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tcshooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    or....get one rifle and get a second barrel!!

I shott the T/C Encore and Contender in pistol and rifle and love them. But, if you are looking for a bargain I have seen some very impressive shooting H&R rifle and their barrels are under $100. The only difference is that on a T/C they spend more time on the fit so you can buy any barrel and slap it on your frame...with the H&R you have to send your frame back to the factory to have a barrel fit to the frame.

But for this complication you pay $60 - $80 for a new barrel or you could pay $150 - $230 for a new T/C barrel. Your choice.

www.chasemountaincustom.net

this is the site of a guy who does custom work specifically on the H&R rifles for competition grade accuracy...at least that is what I remember from the site when I was in there last year looking at it.

Last edited:

WoodWizard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    I have a 22/250 , Mauser 98 bolt, made by my Uncle, it is a tack driver at any range,
    had a ruger .223, Mauser is more accurate. maybe it is just the rifle and not the round, but I doubt it. Look for a Mauser and convert it, should be able in your price range.

Top Bottom