• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    In spite some of the bad experiences some posters have posted here. I have never had a problem with Deb. My family and I are regulars there and they have never had a problem with the owner or any of her employee's.

I called there today to see about an FFL transfer. She is taking care of it no problem and cheaper than most other places in the area.

Dawall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Lake County
    It is nice to hear people do have a good experience at the local gun range especially when there really isn't many in the area. Every business will encounter a variety of customers from good to bad. I can only imagine what experiences they get from some patrons.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    In spite some of the bad experiences some posters have posted here. I have never had a problem with Deb. My family and I are regulars there and they have never had a problem with the owner or any of her employee's.

I called there today to see about an FFL transfer. She is taking care of it no problem and cheaper than most other places in the area.

At $50 a xfer she is tied for the most expensive. I am not aware of anyone charging over $50 this side of the ILL state line.

I don't have anything against Deb or her place. My only problems have been directly related to the clientele, most of which were Gary PD and their reckless disregard for safety and muzzle discipline.

As for price gouging on xfer fees, I believe in the free market and if someone wants to over pay, more power to them.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI

how much for the transfer?

scottm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Hobart
    i frequent Debs as well, PD always amuse me when I encounter them at any ranges, i was on my way out the door once and was offered a great deal on a factory refurb. P6, couldnt pass it up.

ChicagoZman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Lake County
    I think Debs charges less if the transfer is from local Illinois shops but I could be mistaken. If they are internet purchases I can understand why they charge the rate they do. Unlike us, they're in a business, not a hobby.

If they don't make enough to keep the doors open, we won't have a place at which to receive a transfer, buy accessories, shoot our pistol, etc. Then we're stuck with the big box stores and no place to shoot. Try getting Cabelas to do a transfer for you on an internet sale or to let you try out your new pistol. Ain't gonna happen.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Try getting Cabelas to do a transfer for you on an internet sale or to let you try out your new pistol. Ain't gonna happen.

Cabelas does transfer. Cheaper than Debs as well.

I get what you are saying but provided the customer does all the work on a internet xfer (aside from faxing/emailing an FFL), it's like free money for ZERO outlay of inventory or cash ahead of time.
    Looking at it like "I could have sold them that gun" is the sign of a backward mind, not one engaged in capitalism. The cat was out of the bag on xfers a decade ago.

There are at least 4 FFL's within 15 miles of Debs that charge $20 a xfer. Deb lost a couple hundred bucks from me just in xfers over the 6 years I lived within 2 miles of her shop.

You don't want money? No problem. FYI a xfer takes about 5 minutes of total time to complete. $20 or even $25 for 5 minutes worth of work that requires zero outlay of cash to make? Easy money.
    Not to her though. Strange.

luckee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    NWI
    Cabelas does transfer. Cheaper than Debs as well.
    There are at least 4 FFL's within 15 miles of Debs that charge $20 a xfer. Deb lost a couple hundred bucks from me just in xfers over the 6 years I lived within 2 miles of her shop.

You had mentioned there were a few places within the vicinity that were cheaper. Can you tell me were these places are and their fee as i only know of Deb's, Cabelas, and Thanks for your help.

nickl16

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Check with Blyths there is two locations from my understanding. There is one in Griffith and one in Valpo but I do not know their prices.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Check with Blyths there is two locations from my understanding. There is one in Griffith and one in Valpo but I do not know their prices.
    blythes is $45.00 a transfer, i used them once. wont again, i think westforth is the same

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana

Blythes is just as expensive as debs, $50.

If you are looking for brick and mortar CNI in CP and cabelas in $35.

Otherwise get off your lazy keyboard and do a search on gunbroker or use the search button here on INGO. Great Lakes shooters $20, HR Robinson $20, a new guy in Lake Station for $20... sheesh.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You had mentioned there were a few places within the vicinity that were cheaper. Can you tell me were these places are and their fee as i only know of Deb's, Cabelas, and Thanks for your help.

You can find FFLs who haev "stores" on this post.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...n/81265-indiana_gun_shop_info_-_combined.html

Otherwise get off your lazy keyboard and do a search on gunbroker or use the search button here on INGO. Great Lakes shooters $20, HR Robinson $20, a new guy in Lake Station for $20... sheesh.

As Prometheus pointes out if you go to Guns - Online Gun Auction - Guns for Sale at GunBroker.com and look for FFLs you can find FFLs in our areas as well that don't have "stores" but work out of their home doing xfers.

Great Lakes Shooter I have dealt with as is a good guy. It's $25 for xfer with him now I think.

Also don't be insulted by Prometheus comments. He is a good guy but forgets at times that the newest members may not know where to find stuff. :welcome: 2 :ingo:.

For the new folks I send you a PM with some more useful info.

1st MEET & EAT for 2011 in NWI
    Sunday, 30 JAN 2011
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...o_meet_and_eat_oc_cc_-_sun_30_jan_2011_a.html
    ---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

UPCOMING EVENTS
    Every Wed: Lunch, Cigars, and Guns @ Pine Island Pit Stop Cigar Lounge
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ne_island_pit_stop_cigar_lounge_part_2_a.html

Appleseed for NWI
    2 Day Courses
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch: Calendar
    19-20 MAR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    02-03 APR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN

Keep this post for uncoming info & updates
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/107083-new_ranges_coming_to_eventbright.html

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

Pro-Gun & Anti-Gun Stores in NWI:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...un_and_anti-gun_stores_northwest_indiana.html

OTHER INFO
    A Guide to Protecting Your Rights: What to do when LEO stop you and your are carrying.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...what_to_do_when_leo_stops_you.html#post915009

Wallet IN LTCH Info with IC Codes
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../83645-wallet_in_ltch_info_with_ic_codes.html

FFLs in Indiana
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...n/81265-indiana_gun_shop_info_-_combined.html

glockarmour34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    has anyone here heard anything bot these tactical shooting classes that debs is offering now. plus i saw that they are having a IDPA style shoot there feb 4th any news bot that

Top Bottom