• ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I like .44 mags and .243's.

Killed bunches with other stuff, but those two (.44 wheelgun, .243 rifle) seem to anchor them better.

If I see one running away from me down a fenceline 75 yards or so, I'll peel him offhand with a 70 grainer at the tail junction. While in some instances the .243 is too much, on shots like that it sure helps (tougher angle and maybe some slop).

Handgunning in woods, chucks usually by their holes when ya see 'em. .44 mags help keep them from evading the post boom camera.

Goes down the hole- score it a miss.

And when handgunning chucks, you do learn to shoot, shoot and shoot, then go see what you've got. That single shot, see what the effect was...............you're gonna lose quite a few chucks doing that. Dead is dead, but we go by a certain scoring system ;)

I had excellent results with WW 210gr silvertips and a Ruger OM Superblackhawk.
    Fantastic killer...............but I didn't have electronic ear protection.........so it did some damage on my end. Not enough chucks nowadays, if there was though, I wouldn't go after them again with wheelgun unless I had electronic ear protection.

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    Well it seems I didnt kill all them this spring, a couple more have showed up in the usual places so I had to take another one out. This only about a 25 yard shot and he didnt move an inch after the .223 hit him.

picture.php

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    BTW, I shot one once and couldn't find an entrance wound. .243 with Speer 75 gr HP at about 125 yards. Head on shot.

She was pretty soupy inside, about a 12 or 13# fall fatty. No red anywhere.

I then noticed a small white dot on the yellow of one of her teeth. Yup, there was a drop of blood on the back of her tongue.

The bullet barely nicked her tooth and went straight down the gullet with no side contact.

She waddled out and evidently opened her mouth right before the bullet hit.

Top Bottom