Dear Senator Bayh, you have forever lost my vote...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just sent this:

Dear Senator Bayh,

You have FOREVER LOST MY VOTES and I am fed up with the SPENDING of the Democratic party.

Your recent votes on this so-called healthcare package prove that you no longer care about the budget and the over spending of our government. You and I both know that this bill is NOT any sort of universal healthcare. You and I both know that this bill is NOT going to restrain spending on Medicare "waste" because that has NEVER happened before.

What you have done is lost my vote because you have abandoned your fiscal responsibility to this nation.

To say I am disappointed in you is an understatement.

Contact page to send him an email: Senator Evan Bayh — Senator for Indiana: Contact - Email Senator Bayh

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    What's so amazing is that the passage of this "Landmark Healthcare Overhaul" required so many back alley deals and under the table trysts to get passed. You would think that the people of this nation would take note!! If it was such a good thing there wouldn't be over 5000 bribes, I mean pork barrel issues, there wouldn't be special requirements depending on which state you lived in and they wouldn't be trying to ramit down our throats in such a quick overwhelming way. I hope to God that "We The People" remember this at the polls the next time, I'm not holding my breath on it but maybe I will be pleasantly surprised. . . . . . .

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    My letter to Sen. Bayh

In response to the OP, I felt the need to offer up my response on his e-mail contact service. I called the Washington office all hour during lunch and got the busy message each time. I will be calling on the hour for the rest of the day hoping to get through.

Senator Bayh-

First, let me say Thank You for signing your name in support of the individual right to own firearms in reference to the upcoming Supreme Court case of McDonald v. City of Chicago.

Despite this, I must implore you to reconsider what seems to be your imminent support of the health care legislation in the Senate.

I must assure you that your vote in favor of any of the current health care bills will compel me, my wife, my family members and anyone else who I will tirelessly attempt to convince to vote for your opponent in any future election.

I hope and pray that you see the errors in many of your democratic colleagues thinking and choose to not march lock-step with Senator Reid for the remainder of your term.

Please, anyone feel free to copy my message word for word. The system takes all of 5 minutes to fill out.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Senator Evan Bayh — Senator for Indiana: Contact - Email Senator Bayh

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I am curious as to what the response from Evan Bayh's office will be. I have written him a couple times as well as Lugar and Mike Pence. I have recieved replies from Bayh fairly quickly and Lugar after a couple weeks. Mike Pence however has never sent a reply and I understand that it may be do to the large amount of e-mails they all recieve.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Well you could write to him yourself. I provided a LINK to his email in my first post.

Rep to you for providing us the link to his office.

Now, the rest of us need to take 5-minutes out of our day to
    let Senator Bayh know how disgusted we are with him and his cronies.

If not doing for yourself, do it for the kids to young to vote!!!

JD31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    I have just written to Bayh, AGAIN!!! He has always answered my emails, but never followed up in a manner to my liking. This will most likely be no different, but I could not live with myself, knowing I said nothing while this type of irresponsible spending was being debated.

Mike Pence has always responded to my communications as well, and he HAS followed up in a satisfactory fashion with his voting record.

Perhaps, after they vote tomorrow to approve this Health Scare stuff, something will spur these guys to reconsider. Perhaps China will get serious with its threats to crack down on our spending, people will peacefully assemble in even greater numbers and convince these imbeciles that sometimes, just as we do in our families, we have to tell the children, "No, we just can't afford that right now."

Still hoping for a miracle, but less optimistic we'll get one!!!!

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    We are no longer being represented and the goons in power will do what they want, period. I believe phone calls and letters, emails, faxes are not tallied, but ignored.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Did Indiana get anything out of the wheeling and dealing or did Susan Bayh just get another fat paying corporate board membership. But remember, it has nothing to do with being married to a U.S. Senator. The whole family are filthy thieving crooks who should be spending out their days in a penitentiary rather than in the Senate. We have a lot of fools in this state.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    What you wanna bet that when the final vote comes tomorrow, Bye Bye will vote against it? Then he'll wander around proclaiming that he decided it was "too expensive" or some garbage....call me a cynical Bass Turd

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Well you could write to him yourself. I provided a LINK to his email in my first post.

I have written to Bayh many times and have a couple on the health care bill already. I said I am curious to what response you will get as when I wrote it was before the vote happened and I told him that I was not in favor of the bill then. My opinion has not changed although I do think some serious overhaul to our system is needed but this insanity is not what we need.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    For those of you sending e-mail and ripping him a new one. I doubt you will ever hear from him.
    For those you that sent well constructed, civil and polite emails, you screwed up. I sent several civil emails to him voicing my displeasure with his efforts. Once he responded personally and from then to on I got standard format responses. Seems I'm on his e-mail list, apparently as a supporter. That tells me no one is reading what I sent after the first e-mail. Its just our government in action.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    What's so amazing is that the passage of this "Landmark Healthcare Overhaul" required so many back alley deals and under the table trysts to get passed. You would think that the people of this nation would take note!! If it was such a good thing there wouldn't be over 5000 bribes, I mean pork barrel issues, there wouldn't be special requirements depending on which state you lived in and they wouldn't be trying to ramit down our throats in such a quick overwhelming way. I hope to God that "We The People" remember this at the polls the next time, I'm not holding my breath on it but maybe I will be pleasantly surprised. . . . . . .

All this bill did was up the ante for the payoffs and bribes that all the tyrants in congress will demand for the next major bill. Kind of like sports. Each year, there has to be a new highest paid player.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    You know Im all for the emails and calls and what not but why don't we just organize outside his office and hound the **** out of him! Hell lets even step it up a notch and protest on the public street outside of his house! Acorn did it to those "evil" executives. Tis about time they get a taste of their own medicine, two can play at this game!

WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I'm also on his "supporter" e-mail list after my last e-mail. :rolleyes: So even though it won't do any good, I sent this one yesterday (wrote it a day before, then slept on it before sending):

Dear Senator Bayh:

I see you’ve toed your party’s line on so-called “health care reform.” I assume, then, that you also buy into the unicorns-and-rainbows rhetoric Tom Daschle used on NPR on the day that Ben Nelson’s 60th vote was bought with taxpayer money.

In that interview, Mr. Daschle as your party’s mouthpiece claimed that by giving “everybody . . . the confidence that they’re never going to be dropped, that they’re going to be able to get insurance regardless of circumstances,” that health insurance — and even health care itself — will become more(?!) affordable.

Since the U.S. Senate, then, apparently has the power to override basic laws of economics by raw legislative fiat, may I suggest “overhauling” elementary physics in 2010? Perhaps the Senate, under Democratic leadership, can vote to repeal the law of gravity, to cure the injustice that human beings who jump off of tall buildings cannot fly?

Such a law would actually be less harmful than the Democratic “health care overhaul,” since its devastating consequences would only fall on people foolish enough to think they can escape reality. Obamacare, by comparison, will be an albatross to every single American taxpayer, since no one will avoid its reach — except, coincidentally, Congressmen whose gold-plated taxpayer-funded healthcare plans will insulate them from the pain inflicted on the rest of the nation.

I understand and empathize with the plight of the uninsured (though the necessity of insurance to afford healthcare is, itself, a foreseeable side-effect of past governmental regulations). But any politician who actually believes that forbidding premium surcharges for pre-existing conditions will somehow keep insurance costs down — or believes the patently-bogus “projections” that underlie the Obamacare deficit-reduction myth — is, frankly, a gullible fool. And worse, any politician who recognizes the falsity of those claims, but supports Obamacare anyway, is doing an affirmatively evil thing — placing political expediency before the good of the nation.

I fear Mr. Daschle exemplifies the latter category, given his acknowledgement on NPR that this year’s bill is just to get the camel’s nose into the tent, aiming to pass the even more-destructive notions of “public option” — and eventually single-payer — systems in future years. That will make it hard to undo the harm caused with your support of cloture on this destructive bill — and all but impossible to do unless you and nine of your Democratic colleagues come to your senses before the floor vote.

Still, Senator, I am still willing to believe that you are neither foolish nor evil. Please don’t prove me wrong.

Respectfully,
    WabashMX5​

Top Bottom