Dear Republicans, Please Make This Guy Stop It.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Still waiting to hear who is going to be the Great Libertarian Savior who will outshine the Republicans and Democrats in 2016. . . .

They may wait and see if they can grab yet another Republican also ran that drops out after the first couple of primaries. That is the usual procedure.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Oh, silly mrjarrel, you can't fool us. We know this is just another one if byour ways to show how much superior you think Libertarians are over Republicans. It so is about the Libertarians.

Eh.

I am largely libertarian in my views. But I could easily be talked into voting Republican. If we could get a candidate that I thought would try to move us toward liberty then he would have my vote. I may be a 'purist' or whatever the latest pejorative is, but my vote really wouldn't be that hard to get.

I will not settle for someone who is just less tyrannical than Obama. But I would vote for someone who would move us even a tiny step in the right direction without two steps backwards.

Santorum ain't it.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Says the man who goes out of his way to point out the problems with Republicans. And even starts threads to do it. :laugh:

Oh, silly mrjarrel, you can't fool us. We know this is just another one if byour ways to show how much superior you think Libertarians are over Republicans. It so is about the Libertarians.
    You really should get your meds adjusted. You're seeing things that aren't there again.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yes. We get it. You don't like L/libertarians. We've heard it all before. Go eat popcorn somewhere else.

Yes. We get it. You don't like R/republicans. (or Texans) We've heard it all before.

But....Please eat your popcorn here. It takes all kinds to make a forum and I hope you are never asked to quit posting. We need a serious candiate like this guy right here...Man he is sooo hip....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXux37wzQeQ

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Nope. I might pull the lever for Johnson, but I have no thought that he could win in this country, as much as the majority from both sides hate liberty. I'd rather see a split ticket with a gop candidate who is at least nominally a liberty based candidate. Paul might possibly fit in that category. Huntsman is acceptable and sane, which is a refreshing change from a majority of the gop candidates last go around. Amash might work out OK in time. And I do see Johnson as a viable candidate. Two term governor of NM and a self made millionaire? Someone who's actually created jobs, which Santorum can't say. Yeah, Johnson's a great candidate and more on the gop side should be looking at him and not at some of the fools they've allowed to run.

You're right, I'm a little tough on Johnson...but you've never explained what you think is "acceptable and sane" about Huntsman.

What's acceptable and sane, from a Liberty standpoint, about someone who supported Cap and Trade, raising the Minimum Wage, and increased spending significantly during his elected term?

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    So, since this thread is actually about republicans and not libertarians, are you going to do anything to stop the likes of Santorum or do you even have a candidate of choice?

I called my grandmother and told her not to vote for him.... Ok seriously though, the (R) chose Romney over Santorum last time. I don't think it'll be an issue voting in someone else over him next time. Paul FTW? He has all but thrown his hat in. At this point he'd be my favorite, heck I could reuse half my Ron Paul stuff! Lol.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    You're right, I'm a little tough on Johnson...but you've never explained what you think is "acceptable and sane" about Huntsman.

What's acceptable and sane, from a Liberty standpoint, about someone who supported Cap and Trade, raising the Minimum Wage, and increased spending significantly during his elected term?
    Huntsman has the background and middle of the road stances that would garner him a large number of independent voters, something a Santorum can't do. No, he's not a liberty candidate, but he IS or would be a decent republican candidate. Republicans, by and large have supported and signed onto MW increases in the past. Presidents in the party, notably Bush, have signed MW increases. It's really a minor negative strike in the grand scheme of things. Cap and trade is never going anywhere. It couldn't get off the ground when dems were in the majority and it won't likely go anywhere with the house the way it is. It's a non starter and Huntsman knows it. He would be a decent gop candidate and would garner a lot more votes than Obamney did. He's not a neocon or a far righter or a TEA Partier. Those are actually pluses when it comes to getting elected on the big stage.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    We just need all the independents and libertarians to stop trying to "make a statement" and vote out the democrats, the only way that happens today is to vote republican. i hate it, it sucks, but honestly the masses will not vote in a true conservative, so until that time comes we have to do what we can. thats the plain truth

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    thats what they said last time with romney. NO IT MATTERS. we need a conservative who stands up for his beliefs, thats it.

We just need all the independents and libertarians to stop trying to "make a statement" and vote out the democrats, the only way that happens today is to vote republican. i hate it, it sucks, but honestly the masses will not vote in a true conservative, so until that time comes we have to do what we can. thats the plain truth

In the span of a minute, you broke your own advice.

Anyone But Hillary.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    MJ, that's honest enough. I know a lot of voters in the mainstream Republican party were willing to embrace big-spender Republicans, if they aligned with them on social issues. So, with generational change, have we come to the point where people have swung the other way on social issues, and are similarly willing to overlook Huntsman's big-spending forays if he's "liberty-minded" on allowing gays to marry, etc. (in essence, doing exactly what older Republican voters did on social issues - just the other direction?)

Because if we're going to do that, then I don't see any difference from what the previous generations of Republican voters did. The 60 mph ride toward the cliff continues, just with gays/social libertarians and possibly a couple more Hispanics on the wagon this time.

I come to this from a different direction, because I don't think Hillary can be beat. By anybody now known as a potential candidate. But look at what has happened the past 3 months: the President, the most left-leaning one in modern times, has signed sequester cuts into effect with his own hand, because he had no choice - he was forced to. By what? A small core of Republicans in the House who, simply put...stuck together. Who didn't cave on the budget, who weren't cowed by threats of government shutdown, layoffs, checks not mailed, or any of the usual guff. Even with a Liberal President and Senate, we've shown that we can still win some budget battles - if, if moderates like Arlen Specter and Charlie Crist can be run out of the party, and create a vacuum where an effective resistance cell can form around people like R. Paul and Paul R.

So I just think elevating people like Jon Huntsman, on grounds that he's "electable" or we like his social views, is a step in the wrong direction. To me, that just puts the Arlen Specters of the world back into the chicken house again, where we worked so hard to get them out, and moves us back into that realm of "Statesmanlike" Republicans - where we can't win a hard budget battle, and where a sequester would _never_ happen.

Rick Santorum is an angry, bitter culture warrior who can't be elected...but from the way he lambasted Romney on Obamneycare, there can be no doubt that he beats the hell out of Jon Huntsman on _economic_ liberty, at least. It's hard for me to see how anybody rates Huntsman higher on that scale...that is, unless their main orientation is on some kind of social issue like gay marriage or something.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Do what you feel YOU have to do, but don't expect the rest of us to follow you off that particular bridge. We prefer doing it the way we are. Even if we lose today, we're looking to tomorrow.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The Establishment has ample time to elevate their next political superstar. It doesn't have to be somebody who is a household name at this point. How many of you knew anything about Barack Obama in 2005?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The Establishment has ample time to elevate their next political superstar. It doesn't have to be somebody who is a household name at this point. How many of you knew anything about Barack Obama in 2005?

I didn't--and wish I hadn't heard of him in 2013!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Yeah, right at the moment, which asshat is the most preferable asshat? :lmfao:

lolasshat.jpg

I prefer white for the warmer months.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom