Dear Republicans, Please Make This Guy Stop It.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Which asshat do you like? Any viable Libertarian candidates waiting around to be elected?
    There is no Libertarian candidate at the moment, but it's not unlikely that we'll see another run by Johnson. Republicans, on the other hand, have a few potential candidates that aren't bug**** insane, like Santorum. You guys need to wrangle some of that letter writing acumen you use for your senators and reps and use it to convince Santorum that he'd be better off working at McDonald's, rather than running for an office he can't possibly win. If you thought the dems came out in droves for Obama vs. Obamney, wait till there's a Clinton v. Santorum.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Yeah, right at the moment, which asshat is the most preferable asshat? :lmfao:
    Paul doesn't seem bug**** insane. Cruz probably won't run, according to what he' saying right now. Huntsman was sane and more than lucid, but the elites don't like him, he could actually give Hillary a run for the money. Have to wait and see who else comes along. Not sure Rubio has what it takes or will remain untainted by his foray into the immigration issue with the Gang of 8. Frankly, there just aren't a lot of potential candidates in the gop who would appeal to a large enough number of people to win. The independents are a large segment to sway, and people like Santorum will swing them right to anyone but himself.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Guys, I don't think it's about who runs but who can beat Hillary. Santorum is relatively unknown compared to Hillary. There is no chance he can win. If we're going to play "anybody but Hillary" we actually have to have somebody that stands a chance of beating her!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Guys, I don't think it's about who runs but who can beat Hillary. Santorum is relatively unknown compared to Hillary. There is no chance he can win. If we're going to play "anybody but Hillary" we actually have to have somebody that stands a chance of beating her!

Isn't that why McCain and Romney were chosen?

I heard nothing but "you can't vote ________ because he can't win! We have to vote against Obama!" You can keep your finger in the air, he's beating Hillary in the polls retread.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yes. We get it. You don't like L/libertarians. We've heard it all before. Go eat popcorn somewhere else.

I'm quite certain your concern for whom the Republican Party will choose as their presidential candidate is heart-touching to them.

Unlike you, I make fun of the Libertarians not because I dislike them (for I agree with a great many libertarian positions), but because they have the audacity to counsel the republicans on how to win elections.

Yes, you too are correct...we've heard it all before from the Libertarians. Win an election first and then, maybe "your" political advice will carry some weight.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I'm quite certain your concern for whom the Republican Party will choose as their presidential candidate is heart-touching to them.

Unlike you, I make fun of the Libertarians not because I dislike them (for I agree with a great many libertarian positions), but because they have the audacity to counsel the republicans on how to win elections.

Yes, you too are correct...we've heard it all before from the Libertarians. Win an election first and then, maybe "your" political advice will carry some weight.

QFT. Beware the naked man who offers you his shirt.

I do think that Rand Paul (as opposed to Ron) has a much better chance of beating Hillary or whomever the Demo's trot out. Oh, wait... he's a Republican.

For the record, mrjarrell I agree with your dislike of Santorum on many issues.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I didn't vote for Santorum last time and won't this time for several reasons. The biggest is that I just don't get the sense he is all that bright. Second is he comes across to me as that nervous sweaty guy... I also don't think he is that much of a small government conservative.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Who could the Republicans run that the Libertarians would vote for instead of their candidate? Chime in Libertarians, please...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Who could the Republicans run that the Libertarians would vote for instead of their candidate? Chime in Libertarians, please...

The fact that so many who hated Ron are fawning over Rand most likely rules him out for me. Who's throwing their hat in?

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    The fact that so many who hated Ron are fawning over Rand most likely rules him out for me. Who's throwing their hat in?

Rand is a little more pro-Israel than Ron. I supported Ron and will support Rand if he runs. Rand would be the closest thing to a libertarian that even has a snowball's chance in hell of getting the nomination. The Republican Party boys will be in pedal-to-the-floor attack and sabatoge mode (like they were with Ron), should Rand start polling well once the time comes.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It wouldn't be one of the big government, gop rah-rah types, that's for sure. I think there would be quite a few who might vote for Rand, depending on what he does between now and then. He's made a couple of blunders, so far that cost him a few votes, but nothing catastrophic, yet. Huntsman might garner some of them, just because he's sane and embraces more of a reasonable and sane attitude than many of the others. I'm not sure the TEA Party could front someone that L/libertarians would vote for, at this time. They've made a habit of embracing loons and big gop government types, in many cases. They don't seem to like liberty based candidates, either, (judging by their last go 'round). At this point it's hard to say. Cruz has said he's not planning a run, and I don't think he'd appeal to many big or little L's. Jindal is out. He's decided to side with too many of the loony right in his state and it's going to cost him. Hillary would eat many of them for breakfast. At the moment, it looks like Rand and maybe Huntsman, again (if he isn't still pissed at the gop for the way they treated him and others last time). Not sure I'd vote for either, at this time, over a libertarian candidate, tho.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'd sure look to join you, if you could actually find a viable libertarian candidate.
    Like I said, the LP hasn't chosen one, yet. But, it won't surprise me if it isn't Johnson, again. He's still out on the circuit talking to folks around the country and building a base. He's doing the important work for liberty and the party. That's the norm for LP candidates who are sticking with it. I like Johnson a lot better than Rand and there's really no other gop candidate at the moment I could see myself backing. Maybe Amash, but I'll admit to not knowing tons about him, yet. He seems pretty good, but I don't see him running this early in his career.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom