• ...and so much more!
  • USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I have not seen this on this site. If it has been posted I am sorry but it is worth seeing again. This video has had 11 million hits on youtube.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4fe9GlWS8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4fe9GlWS8[/ame]

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I believe the following:

1. No person shall be considered for a position of leadership in this Country unless that person has served our Country either in the Armed Services or the Peace Corps.
    2. Every person 18 years and older must serve in Armed Services or the Peace Corps in a place that is not in this Country. This will let them know how the rest of the world, like the third world Countries live. This I hope will give the younger people a true realization that Our Country, the US of A. is a place to protect and defend at all costs.
    3. Only those who have known the ways of the other Countries will have the right to vote for those who lead. They will then have the experience and the education to make the decisions that will determine out direction our future.
    4. Only those who have served our Country will know the why we must do the things we do in the rest of the world. It is not to flex our muscles and dictate to others, but it is to show the rest of the world what can be. They too can live the good life that We the People of these United States of America have.

Of couse this needs refinement, but I hope you see and understand that most people in our Country do not know just how good they have it here.

Many who are coming into our Country wants to turn it into a the Country they left for ours. They want our benifits. They want the opportunities. But many wants it given to them. They have not learned yet that Freedom is not Free. Good men and women must shed blood sometimes for Freedom. It a person is not willing to put themselves in harms way for this Country, to defend what this Country was founded upon, then they should have no rights when they are here. Let them go home.

Why should I have to decide when I call someplace to choose between English or some other language? We speak English here. Learn it or leave.

I need to stop now.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I can appreciate your intention, but I cannot support your plan as shown.

Why? Because all people do not have the limitations of some, and to set criteria such as those you spelled out is to make "second-class citizens" and to force service. I understand that when you served, this was how it was, and for many, many years prior to that, however we did not have a draft when the country was founded, so how is it that we came upon a perceived need for it?

My criterion for who may lead and who may choose who leads is very simple: Does this person respect the Constitution of the United States enough to fight with his or her life to defend it? That is, does this person intend to honor his or her oath of office to the letter? If that is his or her intention, that's good enough for me. If at some point the above person forgets his or her honor and oath, I am of the opinion that he or she should be removed from office, forcibly if necessary, and given a fair trial by a jury of his or her peers. I believe the judges should be held to this same standard.

Is foreign service required to do the above? No, it most definitely is not. Is foreign service helpful in giving a leader both experience leading and perspective as to what we have versus what we could lose? Without question.

Does service such as that help make a better leader? This question is rhetorical. We all know that it does.

And yes, I agree. I should NEVER have to "press 1 for English" in this country, and certainly not have it default to Spanish if I do not do so.

Thank you very much for your service.

Blessings,
    B

I believe the following:

1. No person shall be considered for a position of leadership in this Country unless that person has served our Country either in the Armed Services or the Peace Corps.
    2. Every person 18 years and older must serve in Armed Services or the Peace Corps in a place that is not in this Country. This will let them know how the rest of the world, like the third world Countries live. This I hope will give the younger people a true realization that Our Country, the US of A. is a place to protect and defend at all costs.
    3. Only those who have known the ways of the other Countries will have the right to vote for those who lead. They will then have the experience and the education to make the decisions that will determine out direction our future.
    4. Only those who have served our Country will know the why we must do the things we do in the rest of the world. It is not to flex our muscles and dictate to others, but it is to show the rest of the world what can be. They too can live the good life that We the People of these United States of America have.

Of couse this needs refinement, but I hope you see and understand that most people in our Country do not know just how good they have it here.

Many who are coming into our Country wants to turn it into a the Country they left for ours. They want our benifits. They want the opportunities. But many wants it given to them. They have not learned yet that Freedom is not Free. Good men and women must shed blood sometimes for Freedom. It a person is not willing to put themselves in harms way for this Country, to defend what this Country was founded upon, then they should have no rights when they are here. Let them go home.

Why should I have to decide when I call someplace to choose between English or some other language? We speak English here. Learn it or leave.

I need to stop now.

"ThatGuy"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    wow, this definately made me a little red eyed. Its funny that noone understands why we get emotional. Before the service I never got teary eyed when I heard the National Anthem. I never got teary eyed when I heard taps at a funeral. But now I do.

With these feeling, I have NO IDEA how anyone (military or not) could not at least hold their hand over their hearts on Memorial Day, at a Memorial Day service honoring those who served and those who gave the greatest sacrifice defending our country and all that it stands for. That is why IM NOT voting for Obama.

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    As someone that carried a rifle for my country, this video gets to me.

I didn't loose any limbs, or get shot, or get hurt at all really, other than the wicked shin splints I got doing 15 mile runs in combat boots, etc.

I feel a lot of emotions watching that video, it's hard to explain.

One of them, though, thinking about Obama becoming President brings on the same feeling I got when I watched "Black Hawk Down".

esigler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Rio Rancho, NM
    I have never served are country in the military, almost was a city cop (only hiring minorities when approved by board of works. I do think to be the President Of the USA you should have served in one branch!

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I believe the following:

I need to stop now.

I agree with much of what you wrote. I do not, however, beleive that people must be forced to "serve" their country. They should want to. I think that where we need the change is in the school system which teaches our kids (most of them) that our country is wrong/evil - that WE are responsible for the killings and the hate directed towards us.

We need to go back to instilling patriotism in our children. Bring God (all) back into the schools as well. Teach responsibility, respect, consideration, sharing, consequences, failure is ok - learn from it, dump "politically correct", disappointment is ok, teach REAL history - good and bad, get the "junk" off tv, movies, games, "music", teach government classes which remind kids that the government is there to serve us - not the other way around, teach a work ethic, teach them to speak out when something is not right, helping others less fortunate (actually) is ok, nanny state is wrong, "welfare queen/king" is wrong, saying "NO" to a childs wants won't kill him/her, make children earn the things the get (chores), so much more. We need to get back to basics. Bring back morals. It's ok to defend ourselves/others with whatever force is necessary - but emphasise using the least amount necessary.

Last edited:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Like I said, it needs work and it need deeper thought. My thoughts are only rough and are open for suggestions from all.

No US Citizen should ever be forced to do anything, but with service to Our Country should come benifits not available to those who choose not to. There are many ways to serve. People who are not physically or mentally able would be someway excluded. How they would be excluded would need deeper thought that must be put into what I have stated. It isn't an easy thing to bring about but I think it would be a start. If people have not seen the way the rest of the World lives they don't really understand what we have in Our Country.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Like I said, it needs work and it need deeper thought. My thoughts are only rough and are open for suggestions from all.

No US Citizen should ever be forced to do anything, but with service to Our Country should come benifits not available to those who choose not to. There are many ways to serve. People who are not physically or mentally able would be someway excluded. How they would be excluded would need deeper thought that must be put into what I have stated. It isn't an easy thing to bring about but I think it would be a start. If people have not seen the way the rest of the World lives they don't really understand what we have in Our Country.

i agree that we couldn't understand how those in other countries live, but I would be afraid that an Obama presidency would enact "conscription" requirements. (Another form of "reparations" for slavery?)

Top Bottom