• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TCLe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    West Lafayette
    I miss those M44 Mosins. Got one from them cosmoline free and not even counterbored. Was going to buy a counterbored one but I guess I'm too late.

mistersmith

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    NWI
    Just a thought, but I noticed a group buy on the forum, maybe you could get some supplier to sell you and some Ingo friends some lowers at a good price if you order a large quantity? I have seen lowers at GS for $25 and up, they were used or blemished I think. I really wasn't looking for one, but I have seen a few deals this last year.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    The ones from Rural King are out of stock about everywhere. They also limit the amount you can purchase to 1. ( in Bloomington)

Doubt they are getting anymore of them any time soon either....Anderson is running closed loop lowers on only one machine, and they are allocated to one specific customer.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    The lower receiver is the firearm according to ATF. If you buy 10 lowers you effectively buy 10 ARs.

If one were worried about the revival of the AWB, say post presidential election, one could buy 10 and stick them in the safe. Parts and accessories would still be available, so the owner could build them at their leisure.

Or maybe they have a big family and want to build rifles for everyone. Who wouldn't want 10 lowers?

Not after an AWB was passed. Sure, you could get away with it, because no one would probably dig deep enough, but they technically would not be counted amongst the grandfathered guns because they didn't meet the definition of an assault weapon when the ban took effect. Unless you also had all of the other parts before this hypothetical ban took effect, you couldn't buy them afterwards and then make banned guns.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    FYI, The Outdoorsman Sport Shop in Greenwood stocks a lot of Anderson AR parts including lower receivers. I think they're like $53 each, as good or better than one can do mail ordering and paying FFL fees.

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    The ones from Rural King are out of stock about everywhere. They also limit the amount you can purchase to 1. ( in Bloomington)

I got the last one in Shelbyville yesterday. There was another person in there who was buying 2 so it must have been a Bloomington thing. And I doubt they are getting another shipment seeing as the add ends this weekend

Top Bottom