• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    The one I am adopting went through multiple periods of starvation. I limit what foods can go in her room(nothing like chips for example,as crumbs get everywhere and the dogs just end up getting them). That said I have a huge 4 tier shelf with baskets in the kitchen of nothing but snacks, and she is free to ask me to cook anything she would like(and now likes to help...that took 9 months). She has gained weight, to the point we are working on cutting back on snacks,and moving to a much healier diet. She now loves salads,and I keep some premade and things to make salads at all times. It is not an easy thing to recover from and in her case it happened multiple times from 4-9 leading to two of her placements in fostercare.

It will take effort on your part for sure. 10pm and you say no to making something and the childs brain instantly flips to I am never allowed to eat again. Compromise is key at the start, with warnings about cut off times coming later. When she first got here she would wake me a couple times a week thinking she was starving,and at 3-4 am I would be up cooking so I could reassure her not this time.

Add to that the other abuse she went through(dad is in jail until 2058) and he only had custody of her for less than a year...some people deserve death. I will leave it at that.

I can give you some other tips in PM or we can chat. It has been a learning curve for me as well.
    Yes please feel free to pm. Please know that my work demands are off the charts right now so it may be a day or so before I get a chance to respond.

Thank you

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    50k to adopt is extortion.

Show me why it costs this much.
    Given her location, I suspect it is going into private pockets. AKA extortion.
    Exactly we have since learned we are now pre approved, sounds like a mortgage, but we are approved for adoption now as well.

In the event placement is needed for a child that has lost their parents.

Glad to be at the end of this road, and maybe we can make a difference for a child

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    50k to adopt is extortion.

Show me why it costs this much.
    Given her location, I suspect it is going into private pockets. AKA extortion.
    No idea what the requirements are in India, but my niece adopted from Guatemala and one of the requirements was at least one of the adopting parents had to live there for six months. Cost of living is much cheaper but still adds up.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Right out of the gate both my wife and I have undergone far more invasive background checks than the cursory checks done by dcs. We completed or Pre Service training over several months, provided verification of current First Aid, CPR and AED certification etc.

initially we were assigned a home study writer that was rabidly not only anti Trump, but a firm believer in no one should ever own a gun! Period and she also had a disdain for me personally due to my occupation. So we played the long game and gray rocked our responses to her until she told us when she came for the home visit she would need to see in our safes. which wile not thrilled about I was willing to concede and allow it , until she further stated she wou be recording all serial numbers and caliber’s etc. At this point we were like you have already missed two appointments in a row with us demonstrated a total disregard for our time etc. So We were like ok you won we will withdraw from becoming foster parents . We can help in other ways Never mind the 8K children foster care many who have no place to go and are sleeping in offices!

About a week later we get a text asking why we withdrew? My response was I draw the line at volunteering for an illegal gun registry and said we’re out. I will not compromise anymore. Well it seems that they do require seeing in side your safe however the initial writer was totally off the reservation in wanting to record serial numbers and calibers.

The new writer is coming out next week as we agreed to proceed( we really do want to help and a child should not suffer because of the actions of a liberal anti A hole) so part of me must want to leave our papers in the safe with the door wide open and no Firearms.

thoughts?
    In today's America, it is easier to kill a child than foster or adopt one.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom