• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Some people like their sunshine boiling hot so they can thumb their nose at global warming and call it a hoax. It was 80 when I got back to hotel.

Funny thing is, I am in the middle of Chicago in Lake Shore Park, and my dog met his half brother completely by chance getting his morning exercise with his owner, a nurse that just got off night shift.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Some people like their sunshine boiling hot so they can thumb their nose at global warming and call it a hoax. It was 80 when I got back to hotel.

Funny thing is, I am in the middle of Chicago in Lake Shore Park, and my dog met his half brother completely by chance getting his morning exercise with his owner, a nurse that just got off night shift.
    I’m not sure how dog-half-brother-things work, but that just seems a strange thing to know.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Welcome to the summer solstice! Darker days are ahead. (And today is the peak of the circadian rhythm adverse impact of DST. It only gets better from here.)
    15 hours and 1 minute of daylight today

That would be true if sunrise was 0603 and sunset 2104 as it was under the imperialist DST system or if it was 0503/2004 as God intended
    At least we’ll have a beautiful strawberry moon to look at tonight!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

That would be true if sunrise was 0603 and sunset 2104 as it was under the imperialist DST system or if it was 0503/2004 as God intended
    DST brought to you by the friendly neighborhood HOA where all the cyclists live so instead of riding early and not bothering anyone, they can maximize impact to innocent motorists

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I don't think anyone has argued that a day has any more or any fewer hours of sunlight whether society observes DST or ST. The preference is 100% predicated around the social construct we casually call a clock. Both preferences are concerned with when on the clock does the sun rise and set.

Or maybe that's not completely true. Maybe some don't really care. Maybe some prefer ST because it's the way it's always been. Maybe some prefer DST simply because it's different.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I love my DST. I get all my outside chores done plus time to play golf in the evenings. We should stay on this time year round. It’s dark most of the time in the winter so what does it matter the time on the clock?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Which is contained in the portion of my post you didn’t quote. :):
    OR, maybe it something to do with having Noon being when the Sun is highest in the sky, which is almost 2PM for you guys.

I don't think anyone has argued that a day has any more or any fewer hours of sunlight whether society observes DST or ST. The preference is 100% predicated around the social construct we casually call a clock. Both preferences are concerned with when on the clock does the sun rise and set.
    I guess if you want to stretch it. Middle of the day is not really sunrise or sunset, but sure.

Top Bottom