Day off of school with dad and it's 10 below zero.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    We wanted to shoot but the wind chill was 10 below zero. I told the kids we could shoot today if they helped out around the house this morning. Well, help, they did. We did dishes, vacuumed, mopped, cleaned bedding, did laundry, and the boys went through all their clothes and got rid of stuff that didn't fit. I fired up the grill and threw some dogs on there and threw some tots in the oven. We all ate til we were stuffed. Then they wanted to shoot. We came up with a pretty good solution.

I went out and braved the cold and set up a couple different targets and rearranged the Bobcat Steel targets so we could shoot them from the kitchen table. :)

Don't tell mom, but the chip clips paired with the table cloth make a pretty good brass catcher. :)

Addi wanted to shoot as well.

Here is Brenton shooting.

[video=youtube_share;9znHu76S-jM]http://youtu.be/9znHu76S-jM[/video]

Aidan (HamsterStyleJr) shooting

[video=youtube_share;A3V1Qkrxses]http://youtu.be/A3V1Qkrxses[/video]

And me. I couldn't let them win. :)

[video=youtube_share;qeIPMU3HxfA]http://youtu.be/qeIPMU3HxfA[/video]

The gun is a Ruger American Rimfire 22lr with Huntertown Arms B22 suppressor. We went through about 150-175 rounds and had a blast. I will definitely set up like this again for inclement weather. This day off of school was a definite success. :rockwoot:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Looks like a great time was had by all. You are a wonderful Dad. Your kids will remember this forever.

JEDenny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Georgetown
    Some friends and I had the same idea one day. Ours didn’t turnout so well. One shot shattered a BIG set of windows! But then again, maybe wewere using too big a caliber and too hot a load. It was still fun and not mywindow.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    When it gets super cold and my son still wants to shoot I pull out the portable turkey blind and a small ice shanty heater. Works great and can set it up anywhere.

Nice job, OP, on getting your kids interested in the shooting sports. We need a LOT more folks doing that.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Aiden was the only one that didn't use both arms on the table to steady the gun. I'd say he's the winner at 8/10.

Lol. That's why he only got 8/10. After I pointed it out, he changed his way and went 10/10 a couple times. Aidan has done quite a bit of shooting over the years and he normally does a really good job and follows the basics. Today, he was show boating a little bit.
    Brenton has maybe shot 60-70 rounds his entire life. All within the last 3-4 months. He has really showed promise in learning to shoot. He did fantastic today.

Top Bottom