• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

What is the problem with people who have to find a way to dump on things that others like? I mean, does it provide some kind of emotional high? Wouldn't it be just as easy to just skip the thread or at least post what bands you like?

PwrCruz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Westside Indy
    I would love to see Rage Against the Machine again. Maybe this time I would stay sober enough to remember the show.
    DMB is on the list to see but each time they come to town or close by I have plans. Same way with Pea Jam something always comes up.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I wanted to see Type O Negative, had tix for Halloween at the Metro and the idiot gets arrested/tour cancelled (about 1 month before the show).

They went on tour later next album and the only close place I found was in some dive in east St Louis.

I couldn't get anybody else to go with me, so passed.

Now I'll never see 'em.

Shoulda went, even by myself to that 'hood.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I don't blame you Que, Dave Mathew's always has some way to cheer you up.

My wife has NEVER been to a concert, and I am considering taking the plunge and going to Pierre's in August to see 3 days grace.

ddavidson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Clermont, IN
    AC/DC is on my list but I'm not sure how good it would be anymore.

I'm a Metallica fan and have been to 4-5 shows. They usually have some pretty good groups with them. :rockwoot:

And I'll admit it, I took my mom to see Tina Turner w/Lionel Richie. :n00b:

I think I need to go to DMB or Buffett or Rush. Their music isn't my thing but people are nuts about their shows.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    AC/DC is on my list but I'm not sure how good it would be anymore.

I'm a Metallica fan and have been to 4-5 shows. They usually have some pretty good groups with them. :rockwoot:

And I'll admit it, I took my mom to see Tina Turner w/Lionel Richie. :n00b:

I think I need to go to DMB or Buffett or Rush. Their music isn't my thing but people are nuts about their shows.

I saw AC/DC in 02 in Indy. They played for 4 hours. It was the best concert I have ever been to :)

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've been to a few DMB shows here in Indy, never felt let-down once. It's a great time and (IMHO) best seen from the lawn (the audience is way more fun back there). ;)

As for other acts...so many of the best are gone, or a living satire of themselves.

If you never got the chance to see Pantera at a club-sized event you really missed out. The same can be said for Tool, but they put on an AMAZING Amphi/Arena set as well.

Led Zepplin, back in the day...yeah. Hendrix, too. Floyd, before Waters left. The Dead.

I used to play in bands, up to the regional level. I've seen a few great shows over the years, and have a really soft spot in my heart for live music...

...Willie Nelson put on the best touring live performance I have ever seen. I am not a fan of country music in general, but this guy breaks the mold. He puts on a great show, and he wrote more of the songs I have loved over the years than I can count.

Now I'm rambling.

Go see DMB this summer, Que... You won't regret it.

-Paul

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The very first concert my wife had ever been to was Rush, up at Deer Creek/verizon/Klipsh/whatever. She had heard some of their songs, but she really didn't care for them. We had great seats for that one, and they did their normal 3 hr show. She loved it, and we have been to many Rush shows since then, she even has her own Rush shirt.

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have 2 dmb tix that I would sell for face (what I paid to ticketmaster). They are in the pavillion section g and I believe I paid 168 for the pair. This is not really an official for sale thread. Just stumbled upon the post and if someone wanted to go. If anyone is interested dm me...er..pm me

Fridays show

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    My GF and her fiends are going to the show, have lawn seats. I have been a couple times and the last years concert in indy was meh....
    He was a little lack luster and the drunken college students on the lawn were just insane. We went for both nights and the Saturday concert was the worst with fights breaking out all around us and passed out drunks everywhere. Hardly the love and peace it was suppose to be.

Oh, and we camped at some private campground about 15 minutes from the stadium that turned into the next Woodstock. Guys with giant weed pictures on their cars saying "for sale". They also had someone with a golfcart driving around selling balloons full of nitrous. All night long you would here the balloons filling up. It was nuts.

I like DMB, but that **** last year makes me think twice about going again.

Last edited:

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    My GF and her fiends are going to the show, have lawn seats. I have been a couple times and the last years concert in indy was meh....
    He was a little lack luster and the drunken college students on the lawn were just insane. We went for both nights and the Saturday concert was the worst with fights breaking out all around us and passed out drunks everywhere. Hardly the love and peace it was suppose to be.

Oh, and we camped at some private campground about 15 minutes from the stadium that turned into the next Woodstock. Guys with giant weed pictures on their cars saying "for sale". They also had someone with a golfcart driving around selling balloons full of nitrous. All night long you would here the balloons filling up. It was nuts.

I like DMB, but that **** last year makes me think twice about going again.

I thought the Saturday show last year was just awful. Easily the worst I've ever seen.

Top Bottom