• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HCAman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Near Terre Haute, IN
    That's awesome, My 8 year old loves to shoot. I can't wait until he can go deer hunting with me, he is a little skinny for his age, 60lbs, so I don't think he can handle a shotgun for a couple of years, but he loves to shoot a .22:D and he shot a AR with help from dad. He loved it!!!:rockwoot:

anifong

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Marshall County, IN
    Awesome - I just bought a Ruger 22/45 for the same purpose, making lots of memories and spending time together, while learning something too. Plus I want a daughter who knows her way around a gun!

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Beech Grove, IN
    Just had to share.

My oldest daughter, Trevor, is 10 and is an accomplished little hunter. She's been shooting long guns since she was 7 and even a bb gun at 5. She's killed a couple deer and turkeys now. We went out today to do some shooting to warm her up a little for deer season and I got an idea. She loves shooting her .22 rifle, so I figured, why not the Walther P-22 handgun. :yesway: I offered the idea to her and she said "sure!"

50 rounds of .22 lr later, you couldn't wipe the smile off of her face. She LOVED it. We then put a few muzzleloader rounds down range and she shot her .22 rifle probably 30 or so odd rounds. She had an absolute ball. When we got done she said "thanks Dad. Next time can we shoot that handgun again? That was FUN!" Of course I said "SURE THING!":cool:

My 10 year old princess now has a handgun fetish.:rockwoot: Fun times for sure!:cool:

There aint nothing like daddy and his little girl going shooting together. My 15 year old daughter has been shooting with me since she's been 7. She's worked her way up to a Smith 686 4" .357 She's a great shot. Not better than me though... :rolleyes:

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    This thread is useless without pics!

I agree actually. Anyone who knows me, knows that there is seldom a time when a camera is not close by. This day it totally escaped me. Next time I guess.

Thank you for all the kind words from you all.

There is nothing that I enjoy more than time in the outdoors ... hunting, fishing, or shooting ... with my daughters.

I'm an avid bow hunter, but I'm pretty pumped for this weekend to be hitting the deer woods with my girls. It is all about them this year in the deer blind with the guns. They are both pretty jacked about it.

Thanks again all!:yesway:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom