• ...and so much more!
  • DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    Just had to share.

My oldest daughter, Trevor, is 10 and is an accomplished little hunter. She's been shooting long guns since she was 7 and even a bb gun at 5. She's killed a couple deer and turkeys now. We went out today to do some shooting to warm her up a little for deer season and I got an idea. She loves shooting her .22 rifle, so I figured, why not the Walther P-22 handgun. :yesway: I offered the idea to her and she said "sure!"

50 rounds of .22 lr later, you couldn't wipe the smile off of her face. She LOVED it. We then put a few muzzleloader rounds down range and she shot her .22 rifle probably 30 or so odd rounds. She had an absolute ball. When we got done she said "thanks Dad. Next time can we shoot that handgun again? That was FUN!" Of course I said "SURE THING!":cool:

My 10 year old princess now has a handgun fetish.:rockwoot: Fun times for sure!:cool:

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    Be sure to talk some politics with her too.

Oh trust me ... she HATES Obama. Wise beyond her years. She comes home from school and goes off about all the pro-Obama talk that she hears from other kids and teachers. She's got a pretty good head on her shoulders.:cool:

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Well done, DEC. My father bought me my first .22 rifle when I was seven, and my first .357 (a S&W 4" Model 686) at age 10. I know people were a little skeptical about such a young person with that kind of firepower, but I applaud you for starting early. It took me a few years to really find my niche, but I kept at it, shot several times a week, and I thank my dad for it every chance I can.

I'm 33 now, and when I tell people I've been shooting for 25 years, they don't believe me. Then I outshoot them. :)

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Not only all of that, but you just gave her the chance to have some pride in a real accomplishment, some self worth, instead of the politically correct feel good stuff; and maybe the chance to save her own life on down the road. Not to mention a lifetime of fun. Good job.

Clearwat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Yeah, my oldest daughter is two, already thinking about getting a p22 yo put back for her and her sister. Not that I want them to grow up too fast, but looking forward to taking them out to shoot! :)

XFCTR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Columbus
    Got a five yr old daughter myself that loves to watch hunting shows with me. As soon as I can get her to quiet down and learn how to hold still shes goin to the woods with me. Maybe thats just the learning tool I need, get out to the woods with her. I think I'll start working on that for next year. Love those P-22s by the way. Friend of mine had one and it was just shear joy to shoot.

hhi7410

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    Noblesville ,In
    ">my 2nd Daughter love to Hunt and shoot gun . back in missouri she shoots bow and 22lr 4-H club over the weekend went back
    home Missouri to take her to youth Deer hunt she miss the Doe but it was nice time:)

untitled.jpg

Last edited:

Glockman1989

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Who knows? She just may be the next Annie Oakley. Don't p22 magazines give out after 500 rounds? A Ruger Mark II would be a good choice also for training or a Ruger 22/45.

Top Bottom