Daughter bagged her first buck yesterday!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Saturday morning was pretty slow, saw one doe early on but not much else. We had to cut the morning hunt short due to a volleyball game, but afterward we went straight back to the woods.

I decided to sit her in the same stand I took my buck from last year. The wind was perfect, but I knew we were getting there a little late. On the way in, we spooked a few does that were bedded down not far from the stand. We got settled in, watched some squirrels cutting on some hickory nuts when we heard him coming.

Brook got the 77/44 from the tree hook and we watched as this nice buck stepped out at 40 yards. She was shaking so hard I thought the hickory nuts were going to start dropping from our tree. I told her to try to calm down and when he was behind a tree to get the rifle up. As the buck stepped behind a couple of shag barks, she got the gun up to her shoulder and I heard her slip the safety off.

The buck continued on his way to the oak patch to our right as Brook let out a grunt to stop him, that was his fatal mistake. A 35 yard heart shot anchored him within 60 yards. I'm one proud guy, and the look on her face when we walked up on him will forever be etched in my mind.

10 pt, 170lbs
    :yesway:

picture.php

IMAG0313.jpg

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Congrats. That's an outstanding buck!

And, the best part of it being her first is she has the rest of her life to get a better one. Monsters like that don't come along easily or often which will only make her a better hunter in the future.

I love this time of year and these great stories!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom