• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I'm asking for my brother, who lives in the Columbus Ohio area.

He was visiting this past weekend and we were talking about the upcoming WVRPC shoot, right up the road from me. He said other than a GSSF this summer, there weren't any shoots in the Central Ohio area. Surely he was mistaken, I thought, but I couldn't find anything that wasn't more than an hour's drive, even though there are several nice ranges in the area..

Am I missing something? Any hints or places to check? His zip code is 43035..

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Go to the shooting sport's website, I.e. IDPA, USPSA, or private gun/conservation clubs. Ask at gun shops for ideas. Many people have no idea how much shooting goes on around them.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    it is amazing to me that folks have no knowledge of their state's rifle and pistol associations. Both the Ohio and Illinois associations are some of the most active in the country. (the State R&P Association is the local arm of the NRA)

When I was growing up, My parents and uncles made me aware of my shooting heritage through the state association, but that was a long time ago.....But we were all members of the Minnesota R&P Association plus members of the NRA. That is just how it was done. I don't know how we have gotten away from this....

Have him google Ohio rifle and pistol association. It will pop right up. I think it is www.orpa.net

For you Indiana guys, it is WWW.ISRPA.ORG

For Illinois, it is WWW.ISRA.ORG

Last edited:

BROBERTS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Warsaw IN.
    A hour is close. 2 hours pushing it. 6 of us drove 4 hours one way 2 weeks ago for a great match at WVPPS. Depends on how bad you want shoot!!!

Brent

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    It just amazes me that there isn't more going on *in* the Columbus area over there. I checked USPSA, IDPA, ORPA, Enos, you name it - about the best I can find are some bowling pin shoots at some indoor facilities. Maybe we're just spoiled a little, where lots of us can travel an hour or so and have so many different opportunities to test our skills..

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    The closest club is a little more than an hour away.. I don't know that he'll be able to do any better. An hour isn't bad, I guess we're just spoiled (I can walk to Wildcat Valley R&P, and an hour's drive gets me to Indianapolis) and he won't be ;)

Top Bottom