• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lil Bob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Crown Point, Indiian
    I am a supporter of LEO's. I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt, because they are placed in tough situations every day. But I do find this article an example of a couple of officers out of control. These two should not be wearing a badge.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Driver committing a felony. Driver compounds his felony by opening door and scaring cops with that Boston T. Party nonsense.

Why does the paper say "pointing guns"? Do they not understand that is what happens during a felony arrest?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Unanswered questions
    What was the reason for the stop?
    Why did it take the guy a mile to stop?

I know I was stopped once in Hebron for supposedly speeding 45 in a 35 by an officer coming the other way on Hgwy 2. I stopped right away and waited for the officer. When he told me why he had stopped me, I simply pointed out that I was already past the 35 zone and into the 45 zone. He let me go.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I am a supporter of LEO's. I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt, because they are placed in tough situations every day. But I do find this article an example of a couple of officers out of control. These two should not be wearing a badge.

Do tell us how you would have handled it.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Should have stayed in the car. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

As for her being pregnant, that is completely irrelevant. People actually do lie to us. If the driver would have stopped when he was light up, and stayed in the car, this would have played out a lot differently.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Should have stayed in the car. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

As for her being pregnant, that is completely irrelevant. People actually do lie to us. If the driver would have stopped when he was light up, and stayed in the car, this would have played out a lot differently.

I have a real simple answer..... I wouldn't have stopped, till I reached the hospital, and had my wife taken care of, and then I would let lawyers and court handle it .....

If he was not speeding, then why was he stopped ?????

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    If he was driving, and NOT speeding, then where is the ras for the stop ?????

These are my questions. I found it interesting that a judge stated that the driver's 4th amendment rights were violated.

I'm kind of surprised that the officer, once he learned that these people were in the middle of an emergency, wouldn't back down and help. It seems that he may have got caught up in the moment.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have a real simple answer..... I wouldn't have stopped, till I reached the hospital, and had my wife taken care of, and then I would let lawyers and court handle it .....

If he was not speeding, then why was he stopped ?????

You wouldn't have stopped until you reached the hospital? There's a good chance you probably wouldn't have made it. Always, always, always stop when lit up. Explain the emergency, and I assure you we (the police) will get you faster care than you yourself.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    You wouldn't have stopped until you reached the hospital? There's a good chance you probably wouldn't have made it. Always, always, always stop when lit up. Explain the emergency, and I assure you we (the police) will get you faster care than you yourself.

Thank you, I appreciate that !!!!!

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.

I don't believe that, sitting on the side of the road waiting for a ambulance to show up is a whole lot slower then driving to the hospital, if you are 5min. out and it takes a ambulance 5min. to get to the scene you just delayed 5min., why not do a 30sec. stop and turn the guy loose to get on with his emergency?

Top Bottom