• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    What I find halarious is once the cop starts shooting the SUV never changes direction untill it goes off road and hits a light pole or something........ Glad he hit him and did not emty a mag and not hit him at all.

Last edited:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Good luck finding a lawyer to take that case on. Shootings don't get much more clearcut that this one!

I agree, but as we all know, the scum of the earth LOVE an opportunity like this to try their hand at a suit to force a settlement, etc. I don't see how any judge would be willing to entertain a trial over something this clear-cut.

Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    What I find halarious is once the cop starts shooting the SUV never changes direction untill it goes off road and hits a light pole or something........ Glad he hit him and did not emty a clip and not hit him at all.

What I find hilarious is a Glock 22 does not take Clips... They take magazines...

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    im really glad the officer survived and was not shot, but either the suspect hesitated or he had a safety on or not chambered...i think the officer was lucky but im glad he was able to stop the incident even if it had to be through shooting and i think killing the suspect....to bad the guy was stupid enough to try and assault and kill a police officer...but at least there's one less moron in the world

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Wow - that was pretty intense. Glad the officer turned out OK and the BG was stopped before he was able to hurt someone else with his gun or his vehicle.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Holy crap. Someone was looking out for the officer that night for sure!

I did find this though, in the BG's obit
    Raymond ‘Thane’ Davis

Thane was a big teddy bear who had a heart of gold.
    Yeahhh. Teddy Bears don't have a reputation by everyone to keep away from whiskey, or that whole trying to shoot a cop thing. Everyone's an angel once they hit room temp :rolleyes::n00b:

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    NateIU10 - Dude, did you actually search out the scum bags obit?

I couldn't stop myself from reading it, it made him sound like he was mistreated. "After a long absence" OMG, he was in prison. I'm sure the population in Montana had no idea how it was that their favorite son died. Well, I'll clue you in. He was shot to death by an alert and well trained Law Enforcement Officer who only seconds earlier looked death in the face and avoided the Grim Reaper by his quick reflexes and the compounded idiocy of the BG.

Sorry for the rant.

Doug

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I counted 16 rounds from the 5-0

The driver was obviously too drunk to aim.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    If a non-LEO were in the same situation, would he get a pass after emptying a mag into the back of a vehicle that was already driving away before he fired the first round?

Granted, there are many differences in the roles (LEO vs. Civ.), and I'm not questioning the LEO's actions, the outcome for the perp, or the decision by the coroner's jury. The driver was obviously a POS and earned what he got.

Just a hypothetical. In a similar situation,do you think would this be ruled a "clean shoot" for non-LEO?

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    After watching the video again I want to armchair quarterback this some more...

The officer should have put a fresh mag in it, you know he rolled back up on the bg with only 1-2 rounds left, the guy could have been waiting on him...

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    After watching the video again I want to armchair quarterback this some more...

The officer should have put a fresh mag in it, you know he rolled back up on the bg with only 1-2 rounds left, the guy could have been waiting on him...

The story says that when he got back in his car, he rolled up with his rifle. Didn't see him reload. Wonder when he realized he'd dropped 14 rounds? He said he thought he'd only fired 6 or 8. This is not at all uncommon, btw. Something to remember, and perhaps cause to automatically consider reloading when the bad guy goes down, in case he's still got some fight in him, and you need more than you think you have!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The story says that when he got back in his car, he rolled up with his rifle. Didn't see him reload. Wonder when he realized he'd dropped 14 rounds? He said he thought he'd only fired 6 or 8. This is not at all uncommon, btw.

In some of the very first pistol training I took, the instructor impressed upon us the fact that in reality, the average person will have fired anywhere from 2 to 3 times the number of rounds he "thinks" he did in an engagement. For that reason, we were taught to reload early and often whenever the opportunity presented itself during the engagement, as well as part of the post-engagement sequence (scan - back off - seek cover - reload - plan your next move). In force-on-force exercises, I found this to be especially important with a 5-shot J-frame! :eek:

Top Bottom