Danger of saying outrageous things in forums? really?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    You don't know as much as you think you do.
    that's a creepy statement, or at least for remauto it is.....for all he knows you could be building a case against him for his most recent fiasco in another thread......hmmm..... :shady: maybe its just creepy because I studied LE in college and some of the techniques available to detectives is mind blowing.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I've already seen more than any nice girl should. I just thought that if I can download the history I might be able to capture the passwords for future use in case I want to drink wine and update and tweak those profiles some more. :laugh:
    lol, women have a way with technology that they don't even understand, my ex once thought I was cheating on her and literally searched every inch of the files on the hard drive until she could piece together a message between me and an old female friend of mine on yahoo messenger, all without my password, took her hours, but I believe a pissed off inexperienced woman with the right motivation can dig up dirt even the most seasoned detectives can't find or figure out.....kinda scary really......

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    lol, women have a way with technology that they don't even understand, my ex once thought I was cheating on her and literally searched every inch of the files on the hard drive until she could piece together a message between me and an old female friend of mine on yahoo messenger, all without my password, took her hours, but I believe a pissed off inexperienced woman with the right motivation can dig up dirt even the most seasoned detectives can't find or figure out.....kinda scary really......

My ex did the same thing, I told her if she had just asked I would have cc'ed her on everything.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    that's a creepy statement, or at least for remauto it is.....for all he knows you could be building a case against him for his most recent fiasco in another thread......hmmm..... :shady: maybe its just creepy because I studied LE in college and some of the techniques available to detectives is mind blowing.

Nah, I just know even as behind the curve technologically as I am, I know how to word a search warrant properly. USB thumb drives, SD cards, detachable hard drives and automatic back up drives, etc. are not exactly cutting edge technology that cops haven't heard about. I have to describe what I'm looking for, but I don't have to know exactly what you have. How would I without a search? So if I have PC to look for your computer, then you can guarantee that external and detachable storage devices are going to be included in that warrant, and so are routers, modems, printers, CDs and DVDs, etc.

So, actually, yes, I would have a warrant to toss your whole house looking for external media.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I just think you should have more respect for those with more experience than you. (See how easy it is to find someone's real identity using google? What do you think the cops or a good lawyer could do?)
    If the police wanted my last name all they would have to do is ask for my drivers license after they pulled me over, 200ft from my driveway. Big difference between knowing my name and what computer hardware I may or may not have hidden in the home, on the property or in another state. Same goes with surveilance video that may or may not exist.

Last edited:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Well, If the police wanted my last name all they would have to do is ask for my drivers license after they pulled me over, 200ft from my driveway. Big difference between knowing my name and what computer hardware I may or may not have hidden in the home, on the property or in another state. Same goes with surveilance video that may or may not exist.

Right, but they have much more time and resources to accomplish their task. And it has been proven before on INGO by a prosecutor that you can use someone's real name and tie it to a screen name and it is admissible in court. Just be careful and don't be so cocky. that's all.

Last edited:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    You don't know as much as you think you do.

Nah, I just know even as behind the curve technologically as I am, I know how to word a search warrant properly. USB thumb drives, SD cards, detachable hard drives and automatic back up drives, etc. are not exactly cutting edge technology that cops haven't heard about. I have to describe what I'm looking for, but I don't have to know exactly what you have. How would I without a search? So if I have PC to look for your computer, then you can guarantee that external and detachable storage devices are going to be included in that warrant, and so are routers, modems, printers, CDs and DVDs, etc.

So, actually, yes, I would have a warrant to toss your whole house looking for external media.
    Hmm...

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

You can come and toss my house. Based on it's current condition I figure I have a 50/50 shot that it will be better when you leave. ;)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You can come and toss my house. Based on it's current condition I figure I have a 50/50 shot that it will be better when you leave. ;)

Sweet, consent! That saves me paperwork. Of course I'll have to fondle your CZ collection...strictly professionally of course.

That does remind me of a story from a buddy of mine who, at the time, was a deputy sheriff. A woman calls and said she came home and her front door is open, no force, but she thinks someone may have jimmied it while she was at work and wants a deputy to check. He goes and clears the house. The sofa cushions are on the floor, the drawers are all pulled out, the mattress is partially off the bed, a big pot of spaghetti has been knocked off the stove, the house has just been ransacked. He goes back out and tells the lady that it looks like someone was searching her house for something and she should be prepared for what she's about to see. They go in to inventory if anything is missing and she looks around and says "no, it looks pretty much like how I left it." 10-8, no report, and he was almost in tears he was laughing so hard when he got back and told me that story.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Sweet, consent! That saves me paperwork. Of course I'll have to fondle your CZ collection...strictly professionally of course.

That does remind me of a story from a buddy of mine who, at the time, was a deputy sheriff. A woman calls and said she came home and her front door is open, no force, but she thinks someone may have jimmied it while she was at work and wants a deputy to check. He goes and clears the house. The sofa cushions are on the floor, the drawers are all pulled out, the mattress is partially off the bed, a big pot of spaghetti has been knocked off the stove, the house has just been ransacked. He goes back out and tells the lady that it looks like someone was searching her house for something and she should be prepared for what she's about to see. They go in to inventory if anything is missing and she looks around and says "no, it looks pretty much like how I left it." 10-8, no report, and he was almost in tears he was laughing so hard when he got back and told me that story.

That seriously just reminded me of a scene from "Larry The Cable Guy - Health Inspector" when he recovered his stolen truck from the impound yard.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Your username is also tied to an email address. So if that email address is tied to you in other ways yet again a way to identify you… Key is not to say stuff you shouldn't… Or as bunny kid said consider deleting things if need be and they are questionable.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Motive and premeditation don't really have to be proven beyond the shadow of a doubt. Usually, they can just take your computer with a warrant to find out where you've been. It's really not that hard to do.

Top Bottom