• ...and so much more!
  • mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Just what the title says. Dang it!

I mean, do I buy a shotgun...as I'm currently without?

Or do I look to buy a Beretta 92 of some kind? I argue that no "pistol collection" will ever be complete without one. They're accurate, relatively inexpensive to find parts / mags, and soft shooting.

Or do I look to buy a Kahr CW-9? Had a CW-40 at one time...wish I'd have bought the 9 instead. But I already have a M&P9c for carry... If I get a CW-9, I'd most likely try and sell the M&P9c in order to buy a full-sized M&P...

Or do I buy ammo?

Or do I work on upgrading my 10/22?

Would rather have a shotgun...VERY versatile. Can "upgrade" over time, too. Would pick a Kahr over a Beretta, too.

I hate it when I get into moods like this. Happens a couple of times a year. I just get...unsettled. Gotta change things up.

*sigh*

-J-

I say keep the M&Pc; and, either buy the full size or a shotgun.

If you don't have a good shotgun though... buy a combo at a shop and add an 18" barrel to it for home defense. The combo with the HD barrel gives you a complete lineup to hunt with and defend your home. More bang for your buck... according to Tiger Woods... :): er... did HE get screwed?

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    You will get all of them in the long run, so what you need to decide is what will serve you best in the moment!! the 12 gage ammo is cheap and at ready and it serves allot of rolls, IE home defense, hunting, sport shooting, I think I would go with it first then pick up the other guns down the road as money permits!! :D

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Just what the title says. Dang it!

I mean, do I buy a shotgun...as I'm currently without?

Or do I look to buy a Beretta 92 of some kind? I argue that no "pistol collection" will ever be complete without one. They're accurate, relatively inexpensive to find parts / mags, and soft shooting.

Or do I look to buy a Kahr CW-9? Had a CW-40 at one time...wish I'd have bought the 9 instead. But I already have a M&P9c for carry... If I get a CW-9, I'd most likely try and sell the M&P9c in order to buy a full-sized M&P...

Or do I buy ammo?

Or do I work on upgrading my 10/22?

Would rather have a shotgun...VERY versatile. Can "upgrade" over time, too. Would pick a Kahr over a Beretta, too.

I hate it when I get into moods like this. Happens a couple of times a year. I just get...unsettled. Gotta change things up.

*sigh*

-J-

There were multiple answers... right? :dunno:

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I am going to say not the shotgun becuase you seem to have trouble hanging onto them:D

In the past two months you have had an 870 and an Saiga 12... you no longer have either:dunno:

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    But...But...But... What about a Mossberg 500? Or 590???

Or what about one of those new Winchester 1887 clones that Norinco is making? (lever action 12ga....sweet!)

I think that I'd also like a .30-30, too... Not that I have any use for it. Just think I'd like to have one.

And if I weren't married... I just might already have 'em. LOL

-J-
    Get a nice 500, upgrade the safety, buy a HD barrel and a rifled barrel and you will be all set :rockwoot:. Handguns are great, but if you want good hard use, and fun for cheap, you need a scattergun.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Im a handgun guy so I vote for the beretta (looking for a 96 myself) depending on your current needs(hunting,self defense or whatever) shotguns are great for home defense & hunting but difficult to carry in public without drawing attention.:)

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    If you have enough cash to buy a Beretta get it. Shotguns are easy to find cheap and accessories are cheap also if you look around. I vote good condition used Beretta and use leftover cash on ammo and a parts kit.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Just go out and buy all the ones you are wanting. As my preacher used to say, "Put it on plastic today and hope the Lord comes back tomorrow." :D

You're not married, are you? :D

Plus, we're very close to being debt free. I'm NOT going to run up the balance on a credit card on a few toys.

Plus, I AM married. AND I value my life. ;)

If you have enough cash to buy a Beretta get it. Shotguns are easy to find cheap and accessories are cheap also if you look around. I vote good condition used Beretta and use leftover cash on ammo and a parts kit.

it's precisely because shotguns are relatively inexpensive and easy to find that I'm shopping for one!

I don't have a whole lot of extra coin.

PLUS, if I do it right, I can upgrade my 10/22 AND buy a shotgun.

That's my new dilemma... How much to spend on my 10/22. :n00b:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I understand your problem.I think you are going about it all the wrong way though.See you have 9mm ammo already.So what you need to do is find an accessory for that ammo.I would get a few MEC-Gar 20 round Beretta 92fs mags.Once you have those,they will need a few accessories as well.So a 92fs would be in order,but to truly compliment all that 9mm ammo you have(and since you already have the magazines)you may as well get a Cx4.
    2le2qde.jpg

I am just trying to help!
    .....oh about that 12 ga....I do not want to tell you what would happen if you start with a box of ammo do I?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I understand your problem.I think you are going about it all the wrong way though.See you have 9mm ammo already.So what you need to do is find an accessory for that ammo.I would get a few MEC-Gar 20 round Beretta 92fs mags.Once you have those,they will need a few accessories as well.So a 92fs would be in order,but to truly compliment all that 9mm ammo you have(and since you already have the magazines)you may as well get a Cx4.

I am just trying to help!
    .....oh about that 12 ga....I do not want to tell you what would happen if you start with a box of ammo do I?

I'll say this as nicely as possible... But you suck. :D

yes, I also want a 9mm carbine of some kind. Some day.

And yes, I've thought about even picking up one of those 100rd bulk packs of 12ga..."just because". "See, honey, I've got the ammo. I need a gun to shoot it."

*sigh*

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I'll say this as nicely as possible... But you suck. :D

yes, I also want a 9mm carbine of some kind. Some day.

And yes, I've thought about even picking up one of those 100rd bulk packs of 12ga..."just because". "See, honey, I've got the ammo. I need a gun to shoot it."

*sigh*

I tried that by buying a box of .45 last summer at the INGO range day. It was wildly successful. Have you seen my recently purchased .40 G27? :D

If you want to borrow an 870 Express combo to put some shells thru, I know where one is. It's only got the standard capacity mag, though. I have shot trap with it using the VR bbl, and it's not too rough on the shoulder.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I second the suggestion of keeping everything you already have and buying a modern shotgun. Buy a used plain jane or beater model for as cheap as you can (preferably 870) and take it to Ron @ TSG to church it up when you get the extra loot.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    For in the home...there's nothing like a good shotgun. My personal shotgun is a Mossberg 500 [3 barrels (18.5 HD, 28" Goose, and a 24" rifled/sighted slug), a scope, and a pistol grip to adjust it to whatever I want it to be that day), but my wife's is a Remington 870 Tactical with a Meprolight front night sight and factory 7+1 magazine. I put a neoprene 5 shotshell holder on the butt stock and now it carries 12 rounds.

I like both shotguns, but I would pick the 870 if I had to choose between the two b/c the safety off switch is right beside the trigger whereas the Mossy's safety is a thumb switch on stop of the frame. With the 870, I only have to move my trigger finger about a 1/2" to reach it.

My suggestion for your dilemma...buy a good, used shotgun and fix it up over time. It's an excellent choice for HD, can be heavily modified, and a good used one can be purchased for 1/2 the price of a nice Beretta 92.

Good Luck!!!!

Top Bottom