• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Just what the title says. Dang it!

I mean, do I buy a shotgun...as I'm currently without?

Or do I look to buy a Beretta 92 of some kind? I argue that no "pistol collection" will ever be complete without one. They're accurate, relatively inexpensive to find parts / mags, and soft shooting.

Or do I look to buy a Kahr CW-9? Had a CW-40 at one time...wish I'd have bought the 9 instead. But I already have a M&P9c for carry... If I get a CW-9, I'd most likely try and sell the M&P9c in order to buy a full-sized M&P...

Or do I buy ammo?

Or do I work on upgrading my 10/22?

Would rather have a shotgun...VERY versatile. Can "upgrade" over time, too. Would pick a Kahr over a Beretta, too.

I hate it when I get into moods like this. Happens a couple of times a year. I just get...unsettled. Gotta change things up.

*sigh*

-J-

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    If you pick up the Beretta, I've got a nice Don Hume IWB for ya :D

I definitely vote 92FS. For one thing, I think it's one of the finest service handguns out there. And gorgeous, to boot. For another, I'm more of a "handgun" guy that a shotgun one.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Here ya go... isn't this just purty?

Beretta92FSCarryGear004.jpg

Beretta92FSCarryGear005.jpg

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    I have both the M&P 9C and a 92. I have not shot the 92 since I got the 9C about 7 months ago. NO WAY WOULD I PART WITH MY 9C. It is what I carry most of the time.
    my 2 cents

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I have both the M&P 9C and a 92. I have not shot the 92 since I got the 9C about 7 months ago. NO WAY WOULD I PART WITH MY 9C. It is what I carry most of the time.
    my 2 cents

I understand that... my 9c is one of my carry weapons as well (plus my J-frame)

If I had a Beretta 92, it wouldn't be a carry gun. The Kahr WOULD be a carry gun. They're FANTASTIC to carry.

I need to invest in a much better belt or two before I can really "enjoy" carrying my M&P.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Remington 870 for sure!

But...But...But... What about a Mossberg 500? Or 590???

Or what about one of those new Winchester 1887 clones that Norinco is making? (lever action 12ga....sweet!)

I think that I'd also like a .30-30, too... Not that I have any use for it. Just think I'd like to have one.

And if I weren't married... I just might already have 'em. LOL

-J-

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    i would go with the shotgun at this time since you say you do not have one yet. it seems like you have everything else covered right now as far as EDC. It sounds to me like the other options are replacements or upgrades to guns you already own. If you feel you need a shotgun I would go for that at this time. Good luck with your decision. :ingo:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    i would go with the shotgun at this time since you say you do not have one yet. it seems like you have everything else covered right now as far as EDC. It sounds to me like the other options are replacements or upgrades to guns you already own. If you feel you need a shotgun I would go for that at this time. Good luck with your decision. :ingo:

Dang you and your logic... :n00b: :laugh:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Since you have your defensive carry needs met, I'd suggest the shotgun. If you're without any shotgun, then you have a significant hole in your capability.

I'll be so bold as to suggest you need a rifle, a shotgun, and a defensive handgun as a minimum (sounds like you already have a .22 rifle).
    If you want to do it right, then add a .22 handgun, and a lighter or heavier rifle (depending on what you went with for your rifle), then a good working revolver.

Forget about collecting and/or duplicates until you have the basics covered. That's my hard core, utilitarian :twocents:.

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Since you have your defensive carry needs met, I'd suggest the shotgun. If you're without any shotgun, then you have a significant hole in your capability.

I'll be so bold as to suggest you need a rifle, a shotgun, and a defensive handgun as a minimum (sounds like you already have a .22 rifle).
    If you want to do it right, then add a .22 handgun, and a lighter or heavier rifle (depending on what you went with for your rifle), then a good working revolver.

Forget about collecting and/or duplicates until you have the basics covered. That's my hard core, utilitarian :twocents:.

I've got a couple of .22 handguns...

A very capable .357 and a J-frame .38Special...

Several 9mm

Couple of OLD but functional shotguns... But not a modern shotgun. :noway:

Top Bottom