• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Ok yeah I guess this is why hair dryers have warnings on them do not use in the bath tub.

Pretty sure I am good though last nights meal consisted of everything either raised or grown on site .
    Yep. As a rule, I try to eat things that don't require labeling, purchased as local to the source of origin as possible.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yesterday, my kids were involved with some other kids around the neighborhood having a garage sale type thing. They were selling crafts that they had made. Cookies and cupcakes too. They had baked another miscellaneous things. This was all part of a little homeschool thing we have going.

One of the other kids' moms was the one who put it together. She posted it on a Facebook group of sorts saying exactly what was going on and the location. Apparently some Karen called the local authorities and reported it for selling food without a license.

When an officer showed up at the house, the kids thought he was there just to buy something. The officer was able to find the mother and explain to her exactly what had happened. He inquired if they did have the said license. She said they did not . He said that the person who reported wanted it shut down because the kids didn't have a license. But he said "I have filed the report and everything is okay. Oh and here's $50 for the kids."

I am sure this happens a hundred times more every single day than we will ever know. Yes, some cops are jerks just like every other profession and those stories do get more attention. I guess I'm just trying to bring attention where it's actually deserved.
    Load that tanker up and execute a 3 pt turn in the complainant's front yard

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Similar to posting you're going on vacation and your house will be unattended for the two weeks you are gone. Then being surprised upon returning home... to an empty house.
    Ya I got friends posting when out of state on vacation….. yikes. I have done that but had people staying at my house, with their carry guns… lol. No worries.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    With how crazy this world has got I did not see that ending coming I thought it was going the other way.

Yay that officer, he's a credit to his profession. I wish him a long and uneventful career and eventful life.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Yesterday, my kids were involved with some other kids around the neighborhood having a garage sale type thing. They were selling crafts that they had made. Cookies and cupcakes too. They had baked another miscellaneous things. This was all part of a little homeschool thing we have going.

One of the other kids' moms was the one who put it together. She posted it on a Facebook group of sorts saying exactly what was going on and the location. Apparently some Karen called the local authorities and reported it for selling food without a license.

When an officer showed up at the house, the kids thought he was there just to buy something. The officer was able to find the mother and explain to her exactly what had happened. He inquired if they did have the said license. She said they did not . He said that the person who reported wanted it shut down because the kids didn't have a license. But he said "I have filed the report and everything is okay. Oh and here's $50 for the kids."

I am sure this happens a hundred times more every single day than we will ever know. Yes, some cops are jerks just like every other profession and those stories do get more attention. I guess I'm just trying to bring attention where it's actually deserved.

Great job by that officer.

"karen" can go **** herself.

Top Bottom