• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Yesterday, my kids were involved with some other kids around the neighborhood having a garage sale type thing. They were selling crafts that they had made. Cookies and cupcakes too. They had baked another miscellaneous things. This was all part of a little homeschool thing we have going.

One of the other kids' moms was the one who put it together. She posted it on a Facebook group of sorts saying exactly what was going on and the location. Apparently some Karen called the local authorities and reported it for selling food without a license.

When an officer showed up at the house, the kids thought he was there just to buy something. The officer was able to find the mother and explain to her exactly what had happened. He inquired if they did have the said license. She said they did not . He said that the person who reported wanted it shut down because the kids didn't have a license. But he said "I have filed the report and everything is okay. Oh and here's $50 for the kids."

I am sure this happens a hundred times more every single day than we will ever know. Yes, some cops are jerks just like every other profession and those stories do get more attention. I guess I'm just trying to bring attention where it's actually deserved.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    One of your neighbors absolutely sucks. That neighbor needs identified and shamed.

Absolute Props to the Officer. I really hope someone returns his $50 to him just on principle. Soooo many good officers never get acknowledged, but always get smeared by the splatter from the worst.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    One of the other kids' moms was the one who put it together. She posted it on a Facebook group of sorts saying exactly what was going on in the location. Apparently some Karen called the local authorities and reported it for selling food without a license.
    Scrooges gonna Scrooge. How miserable that person's life must be.

Good on the police officer!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    One of your neighbors absolutely sucks. That neighbor needs identified and shamed.

Absolute Props to the Officer. I really hope someone returns his $50 to him just on principle. Soooo many good officers never get acknowledged, but always get smeared by the splatter from the worst.
    and its easy enough to find out. Get a copy of the report. Pretty sure those are considered public records.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Scrooges gonna Scrooge. How miserable that person's life must be.

Good on the police officer!
    Yep. Today my wife was in line a the local Walgreens. The lady at the register was giving the young man working the register a super hard time. The lady could not understand the the discounts from coupons come out at the final ring up of the sale. FINALLY a manager shows up and tries to explain this to the lady who was having none of it. This went on for 15 minutes. I told my wife lucky for that lady I wasn't there in line. Some people are just miserable unless they are trying to make other people miserable.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Sadly, it may be fear, folks are so indoctrinated that government protects them, they fear food not government approved…
    Should I be worried , I ate some meat last night that was not FDA approved or inspected.

But seriously you are correct, am really not sure what some of these idiots would do if they were ever forced to have any degree of self reliance.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Should I be worried , I ate some meat last night that was not FDA approved or inspected.

But seriously you are correct, am really not sure what some of these idiots would do if they were ever forced to have any degree of self reliance.
    Sometimes, the Agency is useful. Like when people are stupid enough to purchase falsely labeled, amateur-packaged "Pink Sauce" from a TikTok "influencer":

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Sometimes, the Agency is useful. Like when people are stupid enough to purchase falsely labeled, amateur-packaged "Pink Sauce" from a TikTok "influencer":

Ok yeah I guess this is why hair dryers have warnings on them do not use in the bath tub.

Pretty sure I am good though last nights meal consisted of everything either raised or grown on site .

Top Bottom