• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I heard this report this morning with that 372 year old radio personality on NPR, can't remember her name at the moment. Dan, you were busted. Deal with it. I'm imagining poor old Dan gone senile and sitting in his front yard, wearing a suit and behind a desk and constantly repeating to himself, "I'm Dan Rather. I'm Dan Rather. I'm Dan Rather."

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    It was the print that proved the scam. I'm not knowledgeable about computer printing, but it was proven that the type, script, or whatever you call it was not available at the time Bush was supposedly AWOL.

The letter kerning (proportional spacing) was impossible for a typewriter and could only have been done on a word processing program.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The letter kerning (proportional spacing) was impossible for a typewriter and could only have been done on a word processing program.

The news reports suggested it was Times New Roman (the default in MS Word) with a modern laser printer.

Apparently someone got Mr. Peabody & Sherman to take a PC and printer back to them in the Wayback Machine. Apparently. Otherwise, someone was . . . lyin'.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    this was the first major confrontation between the "old media" and the "new media (internet)". The old media lost badly and many have never gotten over it. They still think they can do things like edit Zimmerman's 911 call beyond reality and no one will notice because they are the NEWS.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    this was the first major confrontation between the "old media" and the "new media (internet)". The old media lost badly and many have never gotten over it. They still think they can do things like edit Zimmerman's 911 call beyond reality and no one will notice because they are the NEWS.

That's a really good point.

They can still get away with almost anything, because even though the "new media" will expose them, people still won't listen. Yet. I sense the pendulum swinging the other way, though. Someday you won't be able to buy the New York Times or find so-called "news" on the broadcast networks. I hope.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Meh. If people continue to think guys like Bush, Quayle and Cheney, etc. carried thier weight...more power to them. It doesn't change history. My family didn't have any fortunate sons.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Meh. If people continue to think guys like Bush, Quayle and Cheney, etc. carried thier weight...more power to them. It doesn't change history. My family didn't have any fortunate sons.

My family does. My sons are fortunate enough to have a father like me to teach them to think for themselves and not take everything at face value.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    You guys must be old, I have no idea of what you are talking about:D

Really, I dont.
    Yup....
    We're old..
    That goes back to the 60's, and the Vietnam "Conflict", as that friggin idiot , LBJ called it. :rolleyes:
    (And you do to know what we're talking about) :@ya:

My family does. My sons are fortunate enough to have a father like me to teach them to think for themselves and not take everything at face value.
    :yesway:

lionhunt64

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    At Close Range
    Let's see , Dan wants us to believe that CBS tossed him under the bus to WHAT.... Protect G. Bush or the Republicans . Dan, take a tip from Obama, create a fake girlfriend (False Documents optional) and find a motel 8. Just remember lying is a symptom of liberalism, The inability to tell the truth is the daignosis​

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    What? Are you saying that MS-Word wasn't being used in the '60's???

So, you don't allow for the possibility that the documents were faked, but that everything else was completely true?

Sure, they falsified the evidence. Are you trying to say that Bush wasn't a bumbling idiot who also happened to be evil incarnate? You're so naive.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

The news reports suggested it was Times New Roman (the default in MS Word) with a modern laser printer.

Apparently someone got Mr. Peabody & Sherman to take a PC and printer back to them in the Wayback Machine. Apparently. Otherwise, someone was . . . lyin'.

You crazy right wingnuts and your conspiracy theories.

What you guys don't get is that there's the superficial, shallow, petty truth - like whether or not CBS faked those documents. Then there's the real important truth, which is that Bush was really really stupid and also really really bad.

What's a fake document or two in the face of such evil?

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    You crazy right wingnuts and your conspiracy theories.

What you guys don't get is that there's the superficial, shallow, petty truth - like whether or not CBS faked those documents. Then there's the real important truth, which is that Bush was really really stupid and also really really bad.

What's a fake document or two in the face of such evil?

Wasn't the document the basis for Rather's case against Bush?

Top Bottom