• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    ISIS gave up waiting for US weapons. I expect if we gave them to more moderate forces in Syria, ISIS would have overwhelmed and taken them. The Kurds couldn't stop them. Instead, they turned east and got US weapons from Iraq. You have to admire their tactics/strategy if not their world view. I wonder what the region would look like if we never got involved in Iraq. We probably helped accelerate what's going on there now. Saddam, Muamar, we hardly knew ya... Your thoughts?

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That entire region has been fighting since dirt was invented. If there was no oil there is would mean no more than a bump on a gnats A$$

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Bush went in and stopped the rape rooms. Obama flees and brings on forced genital mutilation. Republican war on women I guess.

Umm...the withdrawal date from Iraq was set by the Bush administration, not the current one. They just carried through on the deal we had set in place.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    That entire region has been fighting since dirt was invented. If there was no oil there is would mean no more than a bump on a gnats A$$

Certainly there are influences having to do with oil. In my opinion, even if oil were to become suddenly valueless, the problem would still exsist. When you have that many people who are allowed no teaching in their life except the philosophy of islam, they will always be a problem for any civilized, peaceful race of people on the face of the earth. When they do not have non islamic neighbors to molest, they turn on each other over the degrees of islamic observance. Kill, steal, destroy, repeat........

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Certainly there are influences having to do with oil. In my opinion, even if oil were to become suddenly valueless, the problem would still exsist. When you have that many people who are allowed no teaching in their life except the philosophy of islam, they will always be a problem for any civilized, peaceful race of people on the face of the earth. When they do not have non islamic neighbors to molest, they turn on each other over the degrees of islamic observance. Kill, steal, destroy, repeat........

Exactly.
    That was the intent of my post. They are cave dwellers for the most part compared to civilized nations. They were continually fighting before oil was meaningful as to my dirt statement.
    All oil has done is make them powerful and rich so as to carry Islam into the world.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Bush went in and stopped the rape rooms. Obama flees and brings on forced genital mutilation. Republican war on women I guess.

You have got to admire the War on Women as waged by the Democrats...At least they had Leaders like Ted Kennedy and Bill Clinton who were panting and sweating on the front lines and not afraid to use alcohol, cigars, and their powerful postitons to get right into it.....

They are regular Audie Murphy's when it comes to waging "War on Women...":ar15:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    All oil has done is make them powerful and rich so as to carry Islam into the world.

Technically they were trying that before anyone knew what oil was......

Thank "Allah" that Jehova's Witness and the Mormon's don't use the same techniques of conversion because my little subdivision would be full of severed heads stuck on privacy fences.....

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Umm...the withdrawal date from Iraq was set by the Bush administration, not the current one. They just carried through on the deal we had set in place.

Thats ridiculous. Bush wasn't there to make the decision to stay longer or not. Planning a withdrawal time in expectation of being able to withdraw is not the same thing as following the plan regardless of the situation on the ground.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Don't you people understand? A "War of Women" involves women paying $20 a month for their own birth control.

Genital mutilation, honor killings, complete absence of civil rights, rape as political tool....that's not a war, that just us not understanding that their cultural traditions are just as valid as ours.....which justifies terrorist attacks.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Thats ridiculous. Bush wasn't there to make the decision to stay longer or not. Planning a withdrawal time in expectation of being able to withdraw is not the same thing as following the plan regardless of the situation on the ground.

You have got to understand that Bush is a Republican, Christian and from Texas.....Butters has very strong feelings about "those people" and sometimes lets that cloud his thinking....A common trait amongst xenophobes, bigots, and apparently anarchists as well....

Fred78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    U.S. did the all the fighten and china got the oil now thats what I call a real deal.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Ridiculous or not, that's how things rolled out. The Bush admin set the timetable and Obama followed it through. The situation on the ground in Iraq was nice and peaceful, for the most part and the Iraqi government said they could handle it. Add in the fact that the American people wanted our guys and gals home and there wasn't a lot of choice. The Iraqis wanted us gone and we wanted us gone.

Sybaris

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Yeah, it's a Catch-22. At least with Saddam in power he kept those rascals in check. From here on out it's almost like playing Whack-A-Mole

Top Bottom