Dad uses 1911 on laptop to punish child!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    I always thought it was dumb, just too lazy to delete mine.

January-28-2012-00-42-12-funnyquotesquoteoftheday44.jpeg

;)

ZS84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Columbus
    When the the mrs. got home from work today she showed me this. I laughed harder than I hav laughed in a long time. She said she saw where some people were questioning if the father was too hard on her and one even asked if this was really going to teach her a lesson. REALLY????? If this doesn't then what will? I don't think it was too hard on her. She was given a warning. She failed to listen to warning. She now faces consequence. I see no problem with this. :+1:To the father for doing what he said he was going to do. Don't make a threat if you are not willing to go through with it. I hink he made his point

nighter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Middle Georgia
    response to video: way to go dad :ar15: cool gun I would have used a shotgun for the heck of it

To people who think its over the top or he should not have killed the laptop: its a new world its not about money its about raising a child that's going to be productive and not a bum. Ask cops how kids are these days. Kids in the past have had way worse things happen to them. He explained it public for public she knows who is in charge now and life will go on. Its internet punishment for internet offense I study criminal law and hope to see more stuff like this by parents to help stop other things before they happen. Make kids understand their actions have responsibilities.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Bad parent. Why air your dirty laundry in public like that? Is it really necessary to publicly humiliate your 15 year old daughter to prove your point?
    Where is the purple? I am hoping you are not serious. Being humiliated can build people. If you look at the military men & women are torn down, broken down, humiliated, then built back up.

Somehow we have forgotten that being humble is a necessity of life.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    All kids everywhere throughout history have complained about and disrespected their parents. Yes, sometimes even out loud in front of other people. However, as a parent, you are expected to be the adult and actually PARENT your children, not vindictively lash out at them where all the world can see. This video is now viral and their business has become everyone else's business. Yes, she should have been disciplined, but it should have been done years ago and it should have been done privately. The only thing this will accomplish is to make her despise him even more. He's failed as a parent and I refuse to applaud him for this action.
    A few things, you do not know all kids and I would dare say that you have not known most kids throughout all history.

So to make the statement; All kids everywhere throughout history have complained about and disrespected their parents. you make a leap in your knowledge of situations. The best answer you could have is; that some of the kids I know or whom I have seen

You then go on to say; He's failed as a parent and I refuse to applaud him for this action. You have no idea if he is successful as a parent. What you may know is that in this incident there may (and probably will be) more consequences with his daughter.

Too often we say "My life is ruined" or "You have ruined your life" or "You have failed" or "I have failed"

This is one of the most hurtful and destroying statements a person can make. How do you know they have failed? A situation like this may damage a relationship, but if we make comments like above how do we correct the situation or why would we even want to try and correct it. If we or they, have failed or ruined relationships then there is no repair, fixing or forgiving. Restoration is only possible when things are not ruined or failed.

Very few things are irreparably damaged , even if only one side wants to correct a damaged life or relationship I believe that it can be restored.

While I am not ALWAYS in favor of public humiliation I am not ALWAYS against it. It can help us in the necessity of shame and this young lady needs to feel shame and see what so many others see and think about her actions.

While I watched this video I had some very clear images in my head. A father doing some things for his daughter, enjoying an afternoon of trying to make her happy. Then seeing what she wrote and the heartbreak from his daughters actions. The humiliation he felt and the heavy cloud that would have lingered over his head.
    I see him thinking "We have talked about this before."

Remember that the army uses the tactics of tearing down, breaking down and humiliating the soldiers.

Lastly you said; It's NONE OF OUR BUSINESS. If that was what you really believed then why comment on it. Either positively or negatively. We say it's none of our business then there is nothing to comment on. Neither from the girls poor attitude or the father's method of correction.

starbreather

Master
    Rating - 95.3%
    61   3   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    exiting stage left!
    Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't father speak of embarressing imature acts on facebook and then goes on to commit the same act. Why I don't think two wrongs make a right, but doing that in a one-on-one environment may have a bit more meaning.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    When I first saw the video was lastnight with my girlfriend and I thought "wait is that a gun or a cell phone at his side". Then I saw the gun and was like "oh nevermind". But I was pretty shocked he was okay with blasting it away on camera for all to see. Don't get me wrong I say more power to him in finding a way to show his daughter her b/s won't be tolerated..but to put it on the internet vs 1 on 1. I think a lot of people will look at it like a publicity stunt.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Many times I felt like doing that to my sons computer but luckily sanity and maturity won out and the computer lived to a ripe old age. By his actions the guy has obviously come to the conclusion that using his gun is the most effective way to solve any current or future family problems. Hopefully his next public photo op isn't a mug shot.

I think the father and daughter both need to grow up a little and maybe some professional counseling wouldn't hurt either. IMO, Facebook is not a very good good place to air your family disputes, especially in such a detailed manner. Keep the family happy and the entire trailer park stays happy. ;)

Top Bottom