• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    what a shame that the driver accidentally shot himself after killing two innocent children.

where is the outrage for a murderess drunk killing two children? or did the assault car do it???

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    I wouldn't want to be on the jury for that one. Vigilante justice is wrong and what he did was murder. But if I was in his shoes, I could see the blinding rage and emotional turmoil that made the whole thing a fog.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Nope, those million moms need their cars to get somewhere, therefore it was the driver's fault. However, since they don't want guns, it was the guns fault that the driver was killed.

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    He should walk.... After listening to the State of the Union yesterday, I did learn that it all about the kids. (Gotta keep those kids alive to pay the bills we're running up!)

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I would certainly not want to be on that jury. I can sympathize with his rage, but don't condone his killing of the drunk driver. As flawed and arbitrary as our criminal justice system may be, there is still a lot to be said for due process, and it's still far better than citizens electing themselves as judge, jury, and executioner. I don't think most gun owners are pro-vigilante, or want other Americans to see us that way.

Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    Sounds a like a the Dad needs some "therapy" and someone to talk to. A jail would not help this "misunderstood" guy. The Dad is the victim, the system failed him. I think he just needs some extra care. What? Sounds good when "A real bad guy does something wrong"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Agreed, but I wouldn't vote to convict if I were on the jury.

I would. Not only did he break the law, but he did so in a manner that demonstrates why we have due process in the first place. Vengeance is not justice, and all this man did was satisfy his need for vengeance.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I would certainly not want to be on that jury. I can sympathize with his rage, but don't condone his killing of the drunk driver. As flawed and arbitrary as our criminal justice system may be, there is still a lot to be said for due process, and it's still far better than citizens electing themselves as judge, jury, and executioner. I don't think most gun owners are pro-vigilante, or want other Americans to see us that way.

I would. Not only did he break the law, but he did so in a manner that demonstrates why we have due process in the first place. Vengeance is not justice, and all this man did was satisfy his need for vengeance.

I'm with you guys. What a terrible, terrible thing. I cannot imagine this guy's grief but now he's likely put the remaining part of his family in jeopardy.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Drunk driving is no accident. Justice is never served in our current system when a drunk driver kills innocent people.

Change the punishment to fit the crime, then maybe people won't feel they need to take matters into their own hands to get justice.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    Exactly what Liberty said. This guy would of walked after killing 2 people, and likely killed more people farther down the road. My old neighbor killed people in 2 different wrecks, he did a total of 2 years and that was for his 2nd murder. Got nothing but his license taken away the 1st time.

Now if the driver had some drugs in the car, he would of actually done some time.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

Meh. I don't completely buy into the theory that the State has sole authority there, this is why we have juries, so that it ISN'T just the State making the decision, but some randomly chosen (in theory if not actual practice) subset of the general public.

I DO think he should face a jury of his peers for his actions, but if a jury of his peers refuses to convict then that's where it ends.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

Maybe he did satisfy his need for vengeance.
    I see it as swift, sure justice.
    Something sorely lacking in the "justice system".:dunno:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Not guilty! Next!

I'm ridiculously intolerant of drunks. It's a character flaw I have I guess. Stupid people just rub me the wrong way.

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Truly tragic event.

But I don't think this ever gets to a jury. He will plead guilty to a lesser charge and likely get little to no jail time.

Top Bottom