• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdewyse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Taurus 24/7 pro, very affordable, reliable, extremely accurate, 17+1 is all the home defense you'll need, trigger is great with second strike capabilities.

scottm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Hobart
    Just handled a FNX 9, the upgraded FNP 9, both felt nice, the FNX grip was like a thin Glock RTF grip, I liked it, and Nutnfancy reviewed the FNP and i concur with his findings on it being a budget Sig, I've carried enough FN rifles across a lot of earth to trust the brand. (just my two Lincolns)

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    Sig Sauer

SigP229PlatinumElite9mm2.jpg

Ruger

RugerP3452.jpg

Beretta

017-Copy.jpg

All great DA/SA guns.:rockwoot:

IMHO

:cool:

Last edited:

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    My first was a P94. Will feed any ammo you want and it is built like a tank. The only failure I have ever had was because a magazine was dirty and sticking causing a fail to feed.

KAS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If you're interested in the beretta 92, I'd recommend the Taurus Pt99. It's a few hundred dollars less and has, what I believe to be, a superior safety/decocker design. I have approximately 500 rounds through mine with flawless performance.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    In a full size gun that is da/sa, once you shoot the Beretta PX4 Storm with it's rotating lock barrel you won't go back. It reduces felt recoil of all calibers in that design. :twocents:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I forgot to mention the Stroegar Cougar. You can find them for around $400. They are built with the same tooling that Beretta used to build their Cougars. For the price, they are a great gun. I own a 92FS, and it's a great gun. I would never personally carry it though, it's a big gun. I absolutely love my FNP9. I do agree they are a Sig for less. They feel very similar. The FNX is really just the 9mm and .40 version of the FNP45. The only thing I really do not care for on the FNX is, the way the back straps are held on. I also do not like that they relocated the mag catch. Other then that, they are a great gun from my experience.

HogDaddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    s indy
    go to a gun store and handle and try all the models to see which one feels the best to you. this also lets you see the prices, and maybe new or used depending on make and price. Everyone has an opinion make sure your is yhe one that counts.:ar15:

nickl16

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    go to a gun store and handle and try all the models to see which one feels the best to you. this also lets you see the prices, and maybe new or used depending on make and price. Everyone has an opinion make sure your is yhe one that counts.:ar15:

Agreed... I love my USP .40 Compact but originally was planning on picking up a Sig. The only reason I did this was the feel of the gun. I recently picked up a beretta 90-two and that is an excellent gun as well. What it comes down to is the feel.

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    Ok, so in looking around and trying things he's figured out he has short fingers so reach has become an issue, and he's discovered 1911's fit but doesn't like the single action

nickl16

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    I will say from having smaller hands my self, the sig is a large gun as far as the handle is concerned. I don't have any problems with the beretta though feels large. Take a look at the USP's as the handle fits into my hand very well, it may fit into his as well.

JJ1977

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    NE Indy
    Perfer a single action over all from 1911 but as for DA/SA Sigs are a great choice to choose from. Just to pricey for my taste....Good luck on your endovers.

Top Bottom