P-01 with Celtic Sebenza

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Why is there so much CZ love lately? What is it about those guns that make them popular?

I've never seen one in person, so I don't know anything about them...

I looked at the CZ about three years ago and passed on it for a better carry option. The gun just fits my hand perfectly and I love the weight on it. The recoil is almost nonexistent. The only thing that sucks is the trigger. The stock trigger absolutely sucks and is worse than the M&P! Still, it's beautiful in every way and if you ever pick one up, most likely you won't put it down.

MordecuS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Mooresville
    Man... it's nice to see so many other CZ lovers on these boards. I mean, I know you all exist, but it's good to see pictures of them. Hands down, the most comfortable pistols I have ever had the privilege of shooting.

That is a cheap Jowika (Irish) knife of mine. I don't carry it, nor do I use it, but it was my Grandfathers and it means the absolute world to me. Since we are throwing knives into our pictures, I had to include this one.

Attachments

• photo6_zps4108010e.jpg
      photo6_zps4108010e.jpg
      43.8 KB · Views: 12
    Last edited:

duff72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009

QUE has good taste!
    Why we love them is obvious! Because they are dead sexy, that's why. I will disagree with the bad trigger comment , mine was excellent right from the box. CZ changed everything for me.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Why is there so much CZ love lately? What is it about those guns that make them popular?

I've never seen one in person, so I don't know anything about them...

They work, and they aren't overpriced. Ergonomics are good, there's reasonable aftermarket support as far as holsters, sights, etc. CZ has a history (although more so in Europe than here), and the CZ75B is right up there with the 1911 as far as iconic handguns globally. The trigger is the downfall, though. Its reasonably smooth, but it stacks quite a bit just before it breaks. Its sort of like a Beretta DA/SA with more "stick" before the break, if that makes any sense.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    I recently fired my CZ 75b and a friend's CZ po7 side by side. I was distraught to find the po7 produced much better accuracy and groupings for me (again, mainly the trigger. The pre Bs I've had the pleasure to encounter have had much better triggers). I was then uplifted by the realization that the po7 was also a CZ; and all was right again.

jperry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2013
    Columbus
    I love my sp 01 tactical. I preach about cz's till I am blue in the face as long as anyone will listen. The look, the feel and the way she shoots so sweet. I am thinking about sending it off to cgw this weekend for a little tweaking.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I looked at the CZ about three years ago and passed on it for a better carry option. The gun just fits my hand perfectly and I love the weight on it. The recoil is almost nonexistent. The only thing that sucks is the trigger. The stock trigger absolutely sucks and is worse than the M&P! Still, it's beautiful in every way and if you ever pick one up, most likely you won't put it down.

They work, and they aren't overpriced. Ergonomics are good, there's reasonable aftermarket support as far as holsters, sights, etc. CZ has a history (although more so in Europe than here), and the CZ75B is right up there with the 1911 as far as iconic handguns globally. The trigger is the downfall, though. Its reasonably smooth, but it stacks quite a bit just before it breaks. Its sort of like a Beretta DA/SA with more "stick" before the break, if that makes any sense.
    These trigger issues can be fixed. Come and I will lead you to the promised land. Once you try a CZ as it should be you will never look back. I invite any and all to come up to Lafayette some evening or weekend and I will show you what CAN be.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

I'll have to check one out in person then. Thanks!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Those half checkered grips are a thing of beauty. I have a PCR on layaway that would look great with a pair.

I like them too. They give you the hand filling and ultra comfortable palm swell grip of the CZ 75 Compact but you but you lose the tacky almost to grippy rubber factory stocks. And they are visually pleasing too.

I was going to post a link to them on CZ-USA's website but they aren't there anymore. They used to have a full and a half checkered version.

Top Bottom