Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville

$1189.00

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Bringing back an old thread. Updated thoughts from folks? Anyone converted theirs to SAO?

Anybody running these for less these days?

What optic plates are you guys running on these?
    A friend has 2, both built for his idpa guns, both converted to single action both with lok grips, both with streamlight lights in fact they’re exactly alike except one is getting an optic.

He’s a czc man, so his triggers are cz custom

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Bringing back an old thread. Updated thoughts from folks? Anyone converted theirs to SAO?

I'm using this plate for my Shadow 2 Compact (HS507C):

It's the CZC plate, so you can check the CZC site and the Ben Stoeger shop to find one in stock. Thankfully the BS shop has a back in stock notification alert, while CZC doesn't. This thing is sometimes like unobtainium, so I had to check daily until I could pick it up. If you get a back in stock alert, jump on it right away as they sell out very quickly.

I've had my Shadow 2 Compact for a while now, but have had no desire to make any changes after mounting a red dot. Great gun and extremely accurate, but it's just a range toy for me, so YMMV.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area

You can order the base model from CZ using the configurater for $1,099. Only difference I see is there is no silver grip color. I have seen posts saying they have received their orders in as little as two weeks.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm using this plate for my Shadow 2 Compact (HS507C):

It's the CZC plate, so you can check the CZC site and the Ben Stoeger shop to find one in stock. Thankfully the BS shop has a back in stock notification alert, while CZC doesn't. This thing is sometimes like unobtainium, so I had to check daily until I could pick it up. If you get a back in stock alert, jump on it right away as they sell out very quickly.

I've had my Shadow 2 Compact for a while now, but have had no desire to make any changes after mounting a red dot. Great gun and extremely accurate, but it's just a range toy for me, so YMMV.
    Thanks, as it would be for me as well if I go this route. That's why I don't care for the da/sa and would want to convert it to SAO.

The other competitor would be a 229 SAO legion.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thanks, as it would be for me as well if I go this route. That's why I don't care for the da/sa and would want to convert it to SAO.

The other competitor would be a 229 SAO legion.

I don't think that I ever shot a P229 Legion SAO, but I did used to own a P226 Legion SAO (old series that wasn't optics ready). As much as I loved that gun, I think the Shadow 2 Compact in SAO would likely be as nice or better, while costing less if I'm right on current pricing.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I don't think that I ever shot a P229 Legion SAO, but I did used to own a P226 Legion SAO (old series that wasn't optics ready). As much as I loved that gun, I think the Shadow 2 Compact in SAO would likely be as nice or better, while costing less if I'm right on current pricing.
    Sig has MAP pricing so I've found some a bit less on their side. Probably close to a bit less on the Sig side after the SAO conversion on the S2C.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You can order the base model from CZ using the configurater for $1,099. Only difference I see is there is no silver grip color. I have seen posts saying they have received their orders in as little as two weeks.

You ever purchased this way? Do they charge sales tax? Hard to tell as it looks like you actually submit your order then pay.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    You ever purchased this way? Do they charge sales tax? Hard to tell as it looks like you actually submit your order then pay.
    I have not ordered direct like this. I found the option to do so on Reddit in the r/CZFirearms subreddit I’m a member of.

Updated: Their FAQ does state that they collect tax from Indiana. One might assume that includes orders from their configurator as well.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have not ordered direct like this. I found the option to do so on Reddit in the r/CZFirearms subreddit I’m a member of.

Updated: Their FAQ does state that they collect tax from Indiana. One might assume that includes orders from their configurator as well.

Cool. Thanks. I was looking at the faq but on the main page and not the shop. Really appreciate you pointing me to it.

I joined that subreddit earlier today before seeing your post. I was joined on the Scorpion subreddit but not the more general CZ one.

Top Bottom