• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ninja1310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Hey everybody! I've been looking to get a CZ of some sort lately and also would like it to be a little smaller than my XD Tactical. I ended looking at a CZ-P07 Duty and looked up some reviews, one of them said that it felt like an "unfinished" gun. Can anybody shed some more light on it as a whole? There was no explanation of how it felt unfinished.

Anybody with first hand experience with one of these? Recommended or not?

Throw your :twocents: around and suggest any other guns similar I might want to look into as well.

Thanks!

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I really like mine, but you need to handle one first. It is really thick. It is actually thicker than my Sig 229. It has great ergonomics.

The controls are in a great place and function well. The trigger is excellent. I had trouble finding a holster, but found a plastic paddle holster on eBay.

If you are going to conceal it you might want to look for something different. Could you conceal it, yes. It is just tougher. If it is for home defense and the range it is perfect.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Hey everybody! I've been looking to get a CZ of some sort lately and also would like it to be a little smaller than my XD Tactical. I ended looking at a CZ-P07 Duty and looked up some reviews, one of them said that it felt like an "unfinished" gun. Can anybody shed some more light on it as a whole? There was no explanation of how it felt unfinished.

Anybody with first hand experience with one of these? Recommended or not?

Throw your :twocents: around and suggest any other guns similar I might want to look into as well.

Thanks!

Are you definitely looking for a polymer gun? If not, check out the P01. I love mine, feels great, good weight, accurate as heck.

I handled a P07 and wasn't wild about it, but the P01 is a lot different, plus I use the full size 16-round magazines with mine to extend the grip a bit.

Ninja1310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I really like mine, but you need to handle one first. It is really thick. It is actually thicker than my Sig 229. It has great ergonomics.

The controls are in a great place and function well. The trigger is excellent. I had trouble finding a holster, but found a plastic paddle holster on eBay.

If you are going to conceal it you might want to look for something different. Could you conceal it, yes. It is just tougher. If it is for home defense and the range it is perfect.

I held one in Gander Mountain back when I was first looking and picked the springfield over it, mainly because I didn't know a whole lot about CZ at the time. It was comfortable for me, I just didn't know enough to validate the purchase.

This will be mostly for range time and home, but if I'm wearing some heavier stuff like a coat I will probably pick it to carry. Thanks for the information!

Check out this CZ fourm, The Original CZ Forum - Index granted most are CZ fan boys but there is alot of good info. Like what holsters work best for each model.

Thanks for the link. Someone, somewhere said they use a glock19 holster for theirs but I'm skeptical. I'll browse around that forum a bit and see!

Are you definitely looking for a polymer gun? If not, check out the P01. I love mine, feels great, good weight, accurate as heck.

I handled a P07 and wasn't wild about it, but the P01 is a lot different, plus I use the full size 16-round magazines with mine to extend the grip a bit.

I do prefer polymer, I'm not sure why really, I just do. :dunno: I handled one of these at Gander Mountain and liked it, I just didn't know a lot about CZ so I passed. I'll look into P01's when I'm shopping again though.

Thanks for the information everybody! After posting that last night in a bit of drunken stupor and tax return burning holes in every pocket I went ahead and bought it anyway!

I'll be posting up about it once I get everything in and some range time under my belt with it!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think it's a great gun. Feels good in the hand and a smooth trigger. Plus, it's decocker only (for the cool kids) or a traditional safety - you decide.

One caveat, if you buy used, check for warpage in the frame above the trigger. They had some mfg issues. Mine is warped and I probably should email them about that.

Ninja1310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I think it's a great gun. Feels good in the hand and a smooth trigger. Plus, it's decocker only (for the cool kids) or a traditional safety - you decide.

One caveat, if you buy used, check for warpage in the frame above the trigger. They had some mfg issues. Mine is warped and I probably should email them about that.

Thanks for the heads up on that. I ended up buying one new for $460 shipped from a place in Ohio, I feel like I did alright on that part. I had read about the warping of the frame but a lot of people said it doesn't affect performance and sending into CZ they'll fix the problem without questions asked.

Edit: Also have you carried this gun?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have never carried mine. Not because I don't want to, but because it belongs to my wife (who lacks a LTCH).

Top Bottom