• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    I'm thinking of getting a cz 75 and wanted to get some thoughts. I really like 1911's and was wondering how they compair with the 75. Also do the 75's make good carry guns? Thanks for the help

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have been wondering about CZ as well. I have not been able to even hold one in a gun shop because they are not carried everywhere.

Where do I go around Indianapolis to look and touch the 75 and the sp01?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    There is a place called, I think, KS&G (?) guns on Pendleton Pike. I can't say much for the atmosphere and I would not place a lot of stock on the things one might hear in there but, they usually have a small selection of CZs. I have only been there once but they did have a few. No 75B's when I was there. Others have told me that they usually have some. Worth a try if you are in the area, I guess. Good luck, I have been searching too.

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    I recently traded for a 75 P-01...............all I can say is wow. The gun is very accurate and fits my hand quite well. I've only been out once so far but, as soon as I can find the right holster it will be my EDC.:twocents:

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Have a Cz-75 stainless & it is a fine shooting pistol .Feels good & natural in the hand & Im a 1911 guy.If you get the chance to hold one you will know what im talking about

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    They are great and like the 1911 and Browning Hi Power they have reached the status of a "Classic" combat handgun. I have a pre B CZ 75 in my shop that is taking some serious resistance to prevent it from following me home. "Stay! Stay you commie SOB."

Very nice weapons with a classic look and dreamy grip angle.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    There is a place called, I think, KS&G (?) guns on Pendleton Pike. I can't say much for the atmosphere and I would not place a lot of stock on the things one might hear in there but, they usually have a small selection of CZs. I have only been there once but they did have a few. No 75B's when I was there. Others have told me that they usually have some. Worth a try if you are in the area, I guess. Good luck, I have been searching too.

I was there last week and they didn't have any CZ's in stock.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    The grip is awesome as other have stated.
    You need to shoot one though.
    The reach to the trigger in double action is like, oh, 47 inches.
    OK I exaggerated, but it is long.
    The reach in single action is better but still longer than a 1911.
    75 magazines can be pricey, so you have to shop around.
    I have a CZ 75 (pre B) that I will never get rid of but now that you know some of the cons you can go in with your eyes open.

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    The grip is awesome as other have stated.
    You need to shoot one though.
    The reach to the trigger in double action is like, oh, 47 inches.
    OK I exaggerated, but it is long.
    The reach in single action is better but still longer than a 1911.
    75 magazines can be pricey, so you have to shop around.
    I have a CZ 75 (pre B) that I will never get rid of but now that you know some of the cons you can go in with your eyes open.

Thanks for the tips. No handgun is perfect for everyone. I have heard over and over that these things fit better in the hand than most pistols. And they are reliable (as in, Glock reliable) so I think it is worth checking out.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm thinking of getting a cz 75 and wanted to get some thoughts. I really like 1911's and was wondering how they compair with the 75. Also do the 75's make good carry guns? Thanks for the help

I carry a 1911 daily.

My house guns are CZ75 pistols.

Col Jeff Cooper, the modern day advocate/guru of defensive handgun training was a strong 1911 advocate and hated most of the double stack 9mm wonder-pistols but he strongly favored one pistol outside of the 1911 design. His second pistol of choice, the CZ75.

There is a lot of logic to the choice of the CZ75. Its controls mimic the 1911. It can be carried cocked & locked just like a 1911. It feels similar in the hand to a 1911.

So anyone who owns a 1911 will immediately be able to control a CZ75 (and visa versa) by using simple muscle memory. No need to learn something new. Pull the gun, flip off the safety with your thumb in the same downward click motion, noting that the safety is in the same location on the frame, and the gun is ready to go.

Take a 1911 and train with it, then try to transition to a Beretta 92f and you have to totally re-learn the safety operation which is slide mounted and flips 'up & away' instead of frame mounted and clicks down. Under a panic situation will you fumble the gun? Ditto many Walther and Smith & Wesson models with the slide mounted safety.

Seems to me that people who switch between guns that have a different manual of arms are asking for trouble. People who switch between guns with identical operation will have no issues.

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    They don't have a large selection but if you know what you want they'll be happy to quote you a price or order it from CZ. KS&E isn't much more than a hole in the wall and you'll probably smell of smoke when you leave but I've found the prices are very competitive based on my 2 purchases there.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    And they are reliable (as in, Glock reliable).

Are they reliable? In short, YES VERY! the CZ-P01 is the only commercially available pistol that is NATO spec out of the box. You should read up on the NATO trials that pistols have to go threw for the long answer. During trials the limit for failures of any kind during test fires is only 20 per every 10,000 fired or a .2% failure rate and 500 mean rounds between failure (MRBF). The CZ P-01 had 7 failures per every 15,000 that is a .05% failure rate, and a (MRBF) of 2142rnds. Thats 4 times what was required. So yes they are reliable.

Id like to see a Glock beat that.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

This has been my experiance with just about every gun store. I own 2 a full sive 75b and a P-01 that I just picked up a few weeks ago. Both had to be ordered in. I got both of mine from Bradis and last time I was there they had a 75 compact two-tone in stock, but i cant promise it will still be there. They sell guns FAST! They also had a RAMI-P in stock.

If you want check out Bradis' forum page in the "support our sponsors" section of the home page here on INGO and post up your questions Shooter521 is Bradis' store manager and also a really cool guy he will probably be the one responding.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Thanks for the tips. No handgun is perfect for everyone. I have heard over and over that these things fit better in the hand than most pistols. And they are reliable (as in, Glock reliable) so I think it is worth checking out.

'tis true, they have this strange ability to fit small hands (like my wife's) or medium-large hands (I wear an XL Aplinestars or Dainese glove) like mine quite well.
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the 1911, but I must admit that CZ grip is a bit more ergonomic. I also think the slide-in-frame design is great for getting a good high-thumbs grip without impeding the slide function.

Over 5k rounds through my 2 SP01 Shadows with 1 malfunction - stovepipe caused by crowding a wall on ejection port side
    The last USPSA match I shot, a Glock shooter who normally whoops my butt had some issues, while my CZ ran me to a win :D

As far as carry goes, I'm quite happy with mine as a carry gun. You've got the option for cocked and locked, or hammer-down DA first shot. Since 1. I shoot the latter method for games and 2. my shadows don't have a FPB, I opt for hammer down/DA first shot.
    The 75B model will have the FPB if that's a concern.

It's a touch shorter than a 1911, about as wide and tall. If you think a 1911 or 1911 size gun is fine for carry, then the CZ75 should be fine as well.

Last time I was at Plainfield Shooters Supply, they had some CZ75s on hand.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    . . . I LOVE LOVE LOVE the 1911, but I must admit that CZ grip is a bit more ergonomic. . .

Best of both worlds, Detonics MTX. 1911 with a CZ grip :rockwoot:

3-8.jpg

DetonicsModular1911Systems.jpg

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I currently own an army green P-01 and it like all the CZ's I have owned is a great pistol and a fantastic one for the money. KS&E is a stocking dealer and can order them for a lot less than most anyone else but I would call to see if they have any in stock before making a trip to Pendleton Pike.:yesway:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom