• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Is there a specific grade of CZ 75 that is better than the other? Ive handled a few and liked most of them, but I didnt know what designation they were. I think Ive decided Im going to get one as my next handgun and Im trying to figure out which ones to stay away from. I handled one once that didnt let the mags drop free.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The "Duty" P07 had an issue with mags not dropping free. Mine was ok. Also that model had a frame bulge that drove some people away from it, but it was never a problem functionally.

If you are want the standard 75, I'd get any old 75B if you can find one. Pre B's are even more difficult to find. And every so often a flood of Omega triggered versions of the 75B hit the distributors.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    The mags not dropping free is a function of the normal mag brake, which can easily be swapped for a flat one that allows the mags to drop free.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Personally I don't think you could go wrong with any CZ pistol. I own 3 and for me they are the best fitting, most accurate and most reliable pistols I have ever owned.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    Personally I don't think you could go wrong with any CZ pistol. I own 3 and for me they are the best fitting, most accurate and most reliable pistols I have ever owned.

+1

CZ's are some of the best semi-autos in the world. I'd take my CZ-75 over any of my Glocks, Sig, H&k, etc.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yep totally agree! At one time I was a died in the wool Sig fan and owned 4 and 1 CZ. Now I only own 1 Sig and 3 CZs. I still keep my Glocks around just because there will always be parts for them readily available. But my EDC is either a P-01 or a 2075 RAMI.

The only pistol I regret selling is the 75B I let my friend talk me out of. I tried to get it back but he traded it for something else and it is gone for good. :(

MattyLite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Without knowing your primary role of this purchase I would go CZ 75D. What can I say, I like the compact PCR.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I cannot think of any I'd recommend staying away from. The poly RAMI's had a bulging frame issue, but those have been discontinued and anyone experiencing a case of frame bulge got their gun replaced with an aluminum framed gun. My favorite is the CZ 75 Compact. Next to that would be a pre-B CZ 75. We have three of those around, all bought when you could get them for under $300. I had a CZ 97B in .45 ACP and loved the gun, but it was just too big for me to either carry comfortably and with the 10 round capacity, it did not give me anything that my 1911s already do. I had a RAMI with the safety and aluminum frame and loved the gun, but hated the sights. That's one I should have kept, but did not. My next CZ will probably be another 75B in .40, but if I see a CZ 75D Compact in .40, I'd probably jump at it if I could.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Determining which CZ to buy, like any other gun, depends entirely on what you want to use it for. Like the other guys who have posted here, I have had a lot of CZs. There are a lot of great models but I hesitate to recommend one until I know what you are wanting to use it for. They have some of the best range and competition guns that you can buy. They also have great carry models. There are a few that can be used effectively for both. What are you looking for? Also, what part of the state are you in? I, and I would expect a few others, would enjoy letting you shoot my CZs to help determine which ones you might like.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I have 2 variations of the 75. The SP-01, also referred to as the Phantom. It's a full size polymer gun. Liked it so much I bought another one. The mags always drop free and it eats everything I put in it. I also have the P-01 which is a compact version of the 75. It's all alloy and the mags always drop free and it eats everything I put in it. Liked it so much I bought another one.

They are accurate, reliable and fun to shoot.

Yes. I drank the Kool-Aid. It's delicious!

dilligaf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Just south of Heaven
    I will never sell my CZ-75 Stainless limited edition. It is the only firearm I'd never part with. I do however wish the P-01 came with a safety instead of a de-cocker, or the 75 compact had a rail.

genehopkins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    I also had a 75B that I let someone talk me out of - regretted it ever since. Now I have a Tactical and it is one of my favorite handguns. It will never leave.

Gingerbread Man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    Columbia
    I really like the CZ 75 line. I'm not a fan of the manual safety models but I do like the decocker models. Having shot the 75 with a steel frame a lot I'd say avoid them. What! Why?!!? I'll punch you! Welp, here's my beef with any steel frame gun; heat. After shooting around 100-200 rds steel framed gun can get so hot it's uncomfortable to "Jesus, it burns" hot. And it only get hotter from there. So yeah, I'm not a fan of steel framed guns. Around 400 rds through a steel framed gun in the SC summer I have to pour water on the gun to cool it off.
    I'd suggest the alloy or poly models. CZ does both materials very well. I really like the PCR decocker, the PO1 with decocker that has the NSN on it and the Shadow. Next PCR I find, I'm buying it. I shot one of my buddys and the fit, trigger and overall fucntion are just oo tastey for me to resist. :)

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    +1

CZ's are some of the best semi-autos in the world. I'd take my CZ-75 over any of my Glocks, Sig, H&k, etc.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I've had two "B" model 75's and shot a friend's "B" model in 40 S&W they're great pistols. I just recently picked up a "Pre B" 75 from 1986 and have to say the trigger on it is much better then either of mine or my friend's B model pistols. I will assume it's because the "Pre B" lacks a firing pin block. But I dunno. One thing I really appreciate on the "Pre B" over the "B" is the fact it has a spurred hammer. Also the early style grips are cool too and make the pistol Browning Hi Power thin. :D

Side Note: Should you decide to look for a Pre B 75...."B" model mags won't work in it. I forget the reason as to why but mine won't accept factory or Mec Gar made "B" model mags. That's the only thing that kinda sucks about the older pistols.:(

Last edited:
    Top Bottom