• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Kawtech that P01 is a beauty! How does it mechanically differ from the 75s?

Not much at all really. Infact, Im pretty sure its mechanically identical to a 75 compact.

Basically its just a compact version with some updates like a full length guide rod, light rail, decocker and an alloy frame.

The P-01 is also the newest sidearm issued to the Czech Military and police.

Infact the CZ 75B and variants of it (all made by CZ) are the most issued pistols in the world.

Over 60 countries issue some variant of the CZ 75. The P-01 just happens to be the newest to get NATO approval.

Do you see the white numbers on the right side?

That is not the serial number, that is the NSN or NATO Stock Number. All P-01s have that number stamped on them. It means that gun can pass the NATO pistol trials, and is real world combat proven.

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have 2 CZ 75 Pre Bs, bought when they were not available in the US years ago and VERY EXPENSIVE :xmad:, a P07 and a Witness in 10mm. I've had 75Bs and always let them get away, one had a 22 Conversion Unit with it too. I'd like the get a 75B or an 85 in 2 tone. Also would like a 97, I have a half dozen CZ 452s and a 527 Varmint/Target in 223. Everything CZ makes is good IMO. :yesway:

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Good to know, thanks for the overwhelming vote of confidence! I'll start calling around.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    After a very long search for the "right" 9mm for me, I finally landed on the 75B. I put the Hogue finger grooves on my blued model. It is not only beautiful to me but she shoots better than she looks. IMHO, dollar for dollar, it is the finest 9mm you can buy. I also have a 75 compact and an 82. I also had an 83 but sold it. There was no use in having a .380I wouldn't trade any of them for anything. I would love to get a 97 someday.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    That will be the hardest part. Finding one. I hope you have good luck with that.

My P-01 is all metal with rubber grips, My SP-01 Phantoms are polymer.

Haha thanks, I could always use the luck. Found it at a few stores during the gun show but wasnt ready to buy. Only one of those stores is close to me.

Last edited:

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I own a 75BD and a SP-01 Shadow and love them both. I'd like a 75 Shadow next but they are impossible to find as well.

If you can't find a CZ locally I highly recommend calling CZCustom, they don't have all inventory listed on their site as they usually advertise stock on a few forums first.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Thanks for the info! I emailed them and he said they're also wondering when they'll get some SS stock in, lol! He said hed keep my email and let me know when some came in.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Try KS&E on Pendleton Pike. Ed rarely has many guns in stock but has gotten me and my friends every CZ we ever asked for. Plus he gives a pretty good discount on CZ stuff. Just got my 527 Varmint/Target from him a few weeks back.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Nice! Thanks for that info, thats definitely doable, pretty close actually. I'll check that out tomorrow.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Thanks for the info! I emailed them and he said they're also wondering when they'll get some SS stock in, lol! He said hed keep my email and let me know when some came in.

Yeah, that's a common problem. They listed about 15 various 75 and SP01 models in the czforum and within 6 hours they were all gone. My birthday is coming up and hopefully something cool will come in.

I'd like a Kadet kit
    Dan Wesson PM9
    CZ 75 Shadow T

I have very expensive tastes apparently, but I didn't consider the PM9 until I shot my dad's Les Baer custom today and really like a 1911.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Nice! Thanks for that info, thats definitely doable, pretty close actually. I'll check that out tomorrow.

Tell him Mark sent ya. He has an in at CZ and has never failed me yet. It sometimes takes a couple weeks or so but he normally gets what I want.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Tell him Mark sent ya. He has an in at CZ and has never failed me yet. It sometimes takes a couple weeks or so but he normally gets what I want.

Perfect, thanks again! I'm curious if he'll actually be able to get it, almost no where has this damn gun. :xmad:

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Love those grips! You are clearly a man of refined and discriminating tastes. ;)

I love my CZ Shadows and VZ grips. :wwub:

IMG_0089.jpg

Grrrr you had to show those again. I thought I was done with looking at handguns for a minute. Maybe I will just get the grips for my compact. I really love all the CZs in this thread. OP buy the 75 as you can see there is a faithful following that will take it off you if you don't like it:whistle:

nirol

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    I own a 75BD and a SP-01 Shadow and love them both. I'd like a 75 Shadow next but they are impossible to find as well.

If you can't find a CZ locally I highly recommend calling CZCustom, they don't have all inventory listed on their site as they usually advertise stock on a few forums first.
    I have an order in on a 75 Shadow right now, with all of the competition trimmings/goodies from CZ Custom. I'm told that stock is expected in the next thirty days...YMMV (and crossing my fingers).

Jpfledderer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Westside
    I picked up a used 75bd around a month ago from P.S.S. It is spotless, with Houge grips and night sights. Check out the original CZ Forum, I just bought a fully customized SP-01 Shadow from there. Good luck! :ingo:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom